La Crosse Crithomancy - 5 July 2016 La Crosse, WI

So Music City wins their class . . . while dropping more than four points from their score on Sunday!

And having dropped more than eight points on Saturday, Genesis recovers exactly one point today.

And best of all: Colt Cadets, who jumped up nine points on Sunday, tonight loses six of them.

Can scoring the "show of the night" plausibly account for this?

Judges don't know enough about Open Class corps to slot them :tounge2: (though actually...)

I don't know. It's crazy. Then you have Spartans/7th popping a 56/55 respectively. I'd bet that's more accurate, hard to believe Genesis is under their opening score from June 26th by 4 points.

Genesis and Legends appear, to me, to have shows at least as strong as what they presented last year.

But at about this point in the season last year (i.e., early in the second full week), Legends, Genesis, Spartans, 7th Regiment, Music City, and Columbians were all scoring in the 54-56 range, with Gold and Golden Empire a few points back. Then when Blue Devils B and Vanguard Cadets rejoined the scrum at week's end, they retook the lead with scores of 60-61, while the aforementioned groups fell in a couple points behind.

It is most curious and entertaining!

Tornados in the area. Mother Nature not kind to drum corps tonight in LaCrosse. One of the great drum corps towns in America!

Agreed, but there is a most unusual correlation between the years Crown is supposed to compete in this show and the weather when they do compared to when their tours take themelse where. Funny nickname, Carolina Cloud?

You're right LaCrosse is a great drum corps town and show site.

Agreed, but there is a most unusual correlation between the years Crown is supposed to compete in this show and the weather when they do compared to when their tours take themelse where.

Explain?

Cadets scored a 77.2 tonight. Lots of ups and downs going on this season with judges perhaps not having a perfect handle on the sheets and scoring.

Is it me, or is there a lot more disparity in which corps appear at which events? With the obvious groupings that happen in DCI, if you're a judge that has not seen or done many shows, it would be pretty challenging to walk onto a football field in LaCrosse, WI and have a baseline on any program, AND have only one or two elite corps on the field. I know that's now how you should judge a show, but it's reality.

I'll also add, though, that there probably is a significant shift in execution from show to show this time of year. We just don't like it (and aren't used to see it) reflected in scores. Just common sense says you shouldn't see a steady climb in any corps' scores from season beginning to end.

Edited by MikeRapp