Most moving, riveting moments this year....

Completely with you on this. I've always wondered what I was missing (other than a soul, I guess) when people mention tear jerkers (e.g., 2010 Phantom Regiment).

Nothing really compares to Elsa's Procession. I've probably watched that, what, three dozen times, and I get choked up every single time. And what kills me is it's not just the music, but the acting. Literally as good as it can get. Unfortunately for Phantom, everything they will ever do will be compared to that. Gives me great hope for drum corps, knowing something this amazing is even possible with "marching band."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wXQvsbqu74

• Like 2

Troopers playing 'Fix You'...

• Like 2

Troopers playing 'Fix You'...

Thank you! I knew I was forgetting one

My favorite moment in the shows so far this year is Carolina Crown's first big brass hit in the opener after ecstasy of gold. It's so beautiful and loud. Another great moment is Bluecoats ballad.

Edited by CaviesFan17

39!!!

• Like 1

Actually the scene in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" where Yun-Fat Chow is dying in Michelle Yeoh's arms after being struck by a poison dart (with Zhang Ziyi being too late getting the antidote) always causes a tear with me.

Both Chow and Yeoh should have been Oscar-nominated for those performances.