DCI Central Florida - Lakeland, FL July 9th

Folks dismissing Bluecoats brass and perc caption chances need to explain how they are beating Cadets by .5 in music (,4 last n8ght I believe). Either they are beating last year's top horn line or they are beating them in drums by a good bit.

I'm not dismissing brass. Just doubting them winning the Sanford. There was one show (forgot which one) earlier this season where the announcer did announce that the Cadets won percussion over Bloo. Things could have changed, obviously, but Bloo can be beating Cadets in brass and music analysis while still losing to Cadets in percussion

• Like 1

Well.....I don't think they will beat Crown or BD in Brass at finals.

Based on what? Last year Bloo was only .1 behind BD and they seem to be noticeably stronger this year and have a more challenging book.

They're beating Cadets in music because Cadets have a LOT to clean, but a serious jump in demand. Hence the comments on Bloo's demand being a step down from other medal contenders.

Like people have said from opening night, their biggest threat is peaking too early.

Edited by defeldus2

Based on what? Last year Bloo was only .1 behind BD and they seem to be noticeably stronger this year and have a more challenging book.

WHO CARES WHO'S IN 1-3. I CARE WHO'S 6-9

2nd show in a row Boston beat Crossmen in GE very interesting.

Yes, it is.

Where the Crossmen were barely beating Boston in the other captions, they now have strong leads in both. It's flip-flopped.

They're beating Cadets in music because Cadets have a LOT to clean, but a serious jump in demand. Hence the comments on Bloo's demand being a step down from other medal contenders.

Like people have said from opening night, their biggest threat is peaking too early.

Did they peak too early in 2014 and 2015? Lots of people will say lots of stuff. They have a more difficult book this year and have extreme environmental and spacial timing demands. I could go on about how each section has high exposure features and about the variety of tone colors used throughout the production but I'll stop here.

• Like 1

Assuming, of course, that you buy the premise that Coats book is significantly less demanding, which I don't.

But even if it were, it doesn't really matter. Coats could tank in brass and still win. Crown won in 2013 with a SIXTH PLACE percussion section by taking GE. They were third in overall music and second in overall visual.

You don't have to take every caption anymore. It's nice, but not necessary.

Of course we're flying partially blind these days due to recapgate, so who knows if any of us have the right bead on things.

You have no factual basis for this. Only guessing and your opinion. You are more than welcome to have that opinion, but please don't try to present it as fact. When the overall numbers match your statements, then I will believe you.