Denver Drumbeat (Drums Along the Rockies)

When you say audio interface, do you mean an amplifier

Depends on the type of amplifier. But in general what I am referring to is a small USB, Firewire, or Thunderbolt device that hooks into your computer or iPad. It allows for audio to be streamed into and out of your CPU. It performs AD/DA conversion and DA/AD conversion when sound is going from digital to analog and vice versa.

It sounds complicated, but it's really not. You can get a decent audio interface for $150 to $250 (a good investment for drum corps fans, trust me), and those interfaces act like small mixers. Most of them have onboard effects, compression, gain, etc., and the outputs can then be hooked into your speaker system (which might be hooked to an amplifier). My audio interface actually has XLR output jacks (fully grounded) that hook directly into my studio monitors.

• Like 1

VANGUARD!

• Like 1

HOLY #### I didn't realize SCV's pit was making those bird noises in the opener live

• Like 2

If this show ends up in 5th - 6th..............will easily be my favorite of those placements of all time. SO beautiful, graceful, and beautifully minimal when everyone else is throwing everything and the kitchen sink in shows. That opening might be an all time favorite way to start a show, and they have added a ton of beautiful details throughout already. Bravo SCV, bravo.

...despite the really crappy audio. lol

• Like 6

Best from SCV since 1988!

Edited by Randy T
  • Like 1

Vanguard: GREAT unis, GREAT mellos, GREAT sound. This show has it all! Just fantastic!

+++

FYI my sound is very clear, and is loud enough to wake the entire neighborhood, but I do have a big electronics setup so it's easy for me to dial it up.

• Like 1

I love SCV every year. But that might be my favorite since Scheherazade 2004

• Like 4

just like last year, i'd put money on SCV fixing the ensemble brass/phrasing issues by the time finals come around.

it's already a visual/percussion feast. and it's going to be a real standout when it's clean.

would love to see them compete for top 3.

• Like 1