Denver Drumbeat (Drums Along the Rockies)

Congrats to BD for being the 1st Corps to break 80 this seaaon. ( even if its no surprise, they'd be the first to do it.

Cavs only 1.2 points in back of SCV, and SCV 3.6 pts in back of BD... I thought SCV was underscored tonite, but maybe SCV had a caption that let them down that I'm not aware of... who knows.

SCV has a safe show that really isn't that inspired. Pretty and solid sure. But, not worthy of a medal IMHO.

• Like 2

My favorite show this year...now having seen everyone at least once is SCV... :inlove:

You and me think alike on SCV, Liohona.

3.55 above SCV even with the issues they had in the ballad. Crazy, BD.

I also don't think Cavies are that close to SCV.

Cavies gonna make noise. I don't think them being that close to SCV is a surprise. SCV has the better show, but they're not going to blow Cavies out of the water in any caption.

You and me think alike on SCV, Liohona.

Everyone who likes more traditional drum corps is going to love SCV this year. Its really the only show that sticks to the old era.

• Like 2

These are the latest DCI World Class scores. (This is just for fun, as corps can't be directly compared across different shows and different dates.)

NOTE: The score for Madison Scouts is from two days earlier.

01 80.80 Blue Devils (1)

02 79.00 Bluecoats (2)

03 77.80 Carolina Crown (3)

04 77.25 Santa Clara Vanguard (1)

05 76.65 The Cadets (2)

06 76.00 The Cavaliers (1)

07 73.05 Phantom Regiment (3)

08 71.55 Blue Knights (1)

09 71.00 Blue Stars (3)

10 70.10 Crossmen (2)

11 68.75 Boston Crusaders (2)

12 68.50 Madison Scouts (4)

13 68.05 The Academy (3)

14 67.45 Troopers (1)

15 63.90 Colts (3)

16 63.45 Oregon Crusaders (1)

17 63.20 Spirit of Atlanta (2)

18 62.00 Mandarins (5)

19 61.20 Pacific Crest (3)

20 60.10 Seattle Cascades (1)

21 57.55 Jersey Surf (2)

22 54.90 Pioneer (3)

(1) Denver, CO 7-09

(2) Lakeland, FL 7-09

(3) Rockford, IL 7-09

(4) Chickasaw, OK 7-07

(5) Elk Grove, CA 7-09

• Like 2

To my brass playing friends, and color guard fans: FYI what Blue Devils are doing drumming is hard. They are playing tough stuff, then doing it to accelerondos, and of course moving while doing it. You have no idea how hard it is to get a lot of people to play all those notes, together.

It's REAL hard.

• Like 2

SCV has a safe show that really isn't that inspired. Pretty and solid sure. But, not worthy of a medal IMHO.

Well, the judges seem to agree with you on this at the moment. As for being inspired, SCV 's show sure inspires me however.. and a lot. ( haha!)

• Like 5

That sums up my reaction at the moment, too.

If they end the season with what they have now, yes. But the theme is very capable of being layered in a variety of ways. I'm sure it will throw a good deal more complexity out there by the end of the season. Meddling will depend on what direction they take and whatever Crown is doing to nuance their show if the current score gaps hold. I've not seen Crown or Bloo yet though so no definite opinion there

3.55 above SCV even with the issues they had in the ballad. Crazy, BD.

I also don't think Cavies are that close to SCV.

They can't even come close to playing that ballad yet....ugh. And the sailboat ending...hahahaha. Will be curious to see what the ending is really going to be.