Minneapolis Musings

Colors coming out...something they've used real well these last three shows.

Sigh, I'm not a huge fan of BK's show this year so far, but I was hoping they'd get a little less negativity than they have been getting tonight

It's no big deal. Everyone's been looking for an excuse to rag on BK after their last two shows. The delay getting the full show on the field this year gave them the perfect excuse.

Spinnytarp...

Crossmen needs that

Edited by xbones7480

How does one learn visual design these days? Are there college courses? Does one seek a mentor, or figure it out for themselves? How does one know good aesthetics from bad?

I dunno. This show theme just does not seem as focused as the last two years, I get it, but I don't think it is what it could be. The choreography is great, but there is sooooooooo much of it. I'm not one to say corps don't march enough, but they're getting close to that line this year. The closer is so similar to the past two I can't help but feeling like they're using a template. The guard equipment and use of color was so refreshing in 2014, great in 2015, but it feels old this year. I feel like they could have been so much more creative with the closer.

It's great, they sound amazing, and there isn't really much wrong. But it lacks what made last year stand out to me. The innovative pacing and total organic nature of the music was so non traditional and cool. And it doesn't seem like this really has what made last year, and 2014 so special.

• Like 2