Minneapolis Musings

So BK has GREAT drums, if only they could get that brass up, which I think they will, they'd be doing great in music. Also, VERY inconsistent GE scoring. That seems like a difference in taste... Who's right? Probably neither, but I see 3rd more sensible than 7th.

BK percussion .35 from SCV!

Phantom's guard in 5th. So many comments previously about how great they were last night. They are 5th.

I hope for 2017 they reconsider the all female guard. I think it's "nice" and I think it's a great recognition of things past, but for 2017 I hope they reconsider.

I'm unqualified to say anything other than ooh and aah.

This is probably the post of the decade for almost everyone. Well said.

yeah, and some crazy disagreement between Troopers and Academy in the drum scores.

Troop drums ahead of Scouts on one judge's sheet; behind OC on another's.

Well, I guess DCI signed up for unpredictability this year.

And, relating to my musing's on Troop's visual demand, the widest gap between content and achivement for them on this sheet, with this judge, is in VP. The message: Tough book; still some work to do on it.

I don't buy Academy's higher content score in VP, at all.

The higher content score is also part of their better achievement. Because they're cleaner, and moving better, it's easier to see the demand, and reward them for the content. The judges won't give content credit just because you attempted something if it's not achieved. If they start achieving their content, then both numbers will go up.

But yeah, they really need to clean from a VA standpoint, and get the guard rolling with everyone else. That could drag them down

well, highly suspect of the one judge placing Blue Stars drums below Madison. very strange, Blue Stars drums this year are outstanding.....

Not very strange. You're just not qualified to be a judge.

I could say the same thing about Madison's guard placing 2nd. That was the biggest shock to me when I saw this recap. But, I too am not qualified to be a judge.