Drenched in DeKalb

It appears you never read anything on RAMD. :ninja:

I started on following corps on RAMD, went to Sound Machine and now DCP. I had many heated arguments on RAMD especially with BOY1230, the man could make my blood boil. As I said, RAMD was a long long time ago, thank goodness.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

I totally understand it. Their pacing, the push and pull of intensity that reaches out contrasted with more introspective moments that pull you in. They way they approached the music like a cinematic score, to carry you along and wonder where it will take you next. The show is overflowing with effect. Even with a lot of obvious execution errors they had tonight, it's just a really, really, really sound design.

Parts need better shaping, layering and more clarity, but they have a lot of time to make those adjustments. They will have to fight for every tenth against their main competition, but it's a fantastic product from a creative standpoint.

Jay Murphy, is that you?

If Phantom ever sounded more like Crown, I'd cry from sadness.

Phantom can go ahead and start doing shows about god knows what as long as they maintain that signature Phantom sound (favorite hornline sound in DCI)

THE reason I marched Regiment. That sound.

• Like 1

In order of personal enjoyment, from the stands:

1. Carolina Crown

2. Santa Clara Vanguard

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Devils

8. Blue Knights

I totally understand it. Their pacing, the push and pull of intensity that reaches out contrasted with more introspective moments that pull you in. They way they approached the music like a cinematic score, to carry you along and wonder where it will take you next. The show is overflowing with effect. Even with a lot of obvious execution errors they had tonight, it's just a really, really, really sound design.

Parts need better shaping, layering and more clarity, but they have a lot of time to make those adjustments. They will have to fight for every tenth against their main competition, but it's a fantastic product from a creative standpoint.

Yeah all that effect that it seems to be having on others, I get nothing from them. The only thing that pushes and pulls me at all is the ballad, the rest just seems.....blah to me :( I want to like them so bad, so much talent, but I just cant.

I started on following corps on RAMD, went to Sound Machine and now DCP. I had many heated arguments on RAMD especially with BOY1230, the man could make my blood boil. As I said, RAMD was a long long time ago, thank goodness.

Catherine Burr

• Like 1