Dark Horse

The Cadets. All the rewriting has kept them from cleaning which has affected performance of its stellar brass and percussion. Once changes are all in and feet clean, Cadets could contend in the music caption and certainly benefit in GE & Viz captions which go up with better performance levels. YES everyone cleans BUT no one in the top 6 have had to rewrite 50 % off show BUT the changes are solid.

• Like 1

I think SCV will knock Bluecoats to 4th, and take bronze.

Madison has a ton of content. If they can clean up and refine their show, I could see them rising to 7th.

BK is hard to call. Were they behind because they weren't complete or just because they aren't as good as last year?

• Like 1

SCV! Oh man! If they medal..... :-D

Yep. That would be pretty darn cool.

The Cadets. All the rewriting has kept them from cleaning which has affected performance of its stellar brass and percussion. Once changes are all in and feet clean, Cadets could contend in the music caption and certainly benefit in GE & Viz captions which go up with better performance levels. YES everyone cleans BUT no one in the top 6 have had to rewrite 50 % off show BUT the changes are solid.

Are the kids possibly getting down because the staff feels the show was so bad it had to be redone over and over? I can see a lack of momentum coming from a lack of confidence in the show design, if that were the case. Somebody from '87 Cavies said on here that getting blown off the field midway through the season by Vanguard permanently damaged their collective psyche for the rest of the year.

Are the kids possibly getting down because the staff feels the show was so bad it had to be redone over and over? I can see a lack of momentum coming from a lack of confidence in the show design, if that were the case. Somebody from '87 Cavies said on here that getting blown off the field midway through the season by Vanguard permanently damaged their collective psyche for the rest of the year.

I get what you're saying - but the members like their program (especially the guard). Cadets preach the work ethic everyday - some years it is massive rewrites (like this one) and some years they change the tag ending. This year literally 50% of the show will end up different. Obviously not the desire, but it is what it is.

The changes Cadets put in yesterday to the ballad are an extreme step in a positive direction. Wouldn't shock me if this weekend they are down less than a point to 1.5 from the top corps

The scatter is gone, the sections of fabric the guard dance with are gone, corps is in drill now and we see a couple of guard members parting ways as one goes toward the human side and one goes toward the statue. The "storyline" is much better resolved

Cadets will likely finish top 3 in brass and percussion - possibly top 1 or 2 in either. Thing is they are parked in sixth in guard and visual and 5th or so in GE. So they now must continue to tweak and clean. No one cleans as fast as Cadets - not even BD. So we'll see how it works out

Lowest I see them is 5th. Probably 4th. Possibly 3rd but we'll know the next two weekends by the gaps. 1.5 or less and they have a shot at medaling

Academy dark horse for sure for finals. Although that horse may dead. I think they may be solidly in there. I remember back with Vanity Fair, they were on to something.