Dark Horse

OMG! They turned the little girl from BD into a statue!

If you can't beat 'em... Stone them?

• Like 3

I get what you're saying - but the members like their program (especially the guard). Cadets preach the work ethic everyday - some years it is massive rewrites (like this one) and some years they change the tag ending. This year literally 50% of the show will end up different. Obviously not the desire, but it is what it is.

The changes Cadets put in yesterday to the ballad are an extreme step in a positive direction. Wouldn't shock me if this weekend they are down less than a point to 1.5 from the top corps

The scatter is gone, the sections of fabric the guard dance with are gone, corps is in drill now and we see a couple of guard members parting ways as one goes toward the human side and one goes toward the statue. The "storyline" is much better resolved

Cadets will likely finish top 3 in brass and percussion - possibly top 1 or 2 in either. Thing is they are parked in sixth in guard and visual and 5th or so in GE. So they now must continue to tweak and clean. No one cleans as fast as Cadets - not even BD. So we'll see how it works out

Lowest I see them is 5th. Probably 4th. Possibly 3rd but we'll know the next two weekends by the gaps. 1.5 or less and they have a shot at medaling

This is kind of where I stand right now too. Yes many changes but kids are taught it is opinions so they change parts of the show not working and make better. They're very talented kids that pick up things quickly (thank god). They will get very clean by August....

I never count out Cadets. They are dangerous at the end of season.

Absolutely true and, IMO, few have mastered the art of peaking on Saturday night like they have. Especially BD. And I think the art of peaking has spread out among the corps with more and more attaining it.

But from the standpoint of consistently peaking on Saturday year after year, few have done it better than Cadets and BD.

IMO.

I still think the dark horses are Academy and BK.

OMG! They turned the little girl from BD into a statue!

well, they actually just dipped her in bronze. I'm sure she's fine under there...

Most likely surge will be BK. They have been bouncing around at least two places below where they should be because of an incomplete show. I think they'll end up at least 2 places higher than they are in now...maybe even three...once they get their complete show on the field and get it tweaked and get it clean.

Second most likely will be Cadets. They have the best chance of pushing Crown or Bluecoats out of the top 3.

Absolutely true and, IMO, few have mastered the art of peaking on Saturday night like they have. Especially BD. And I think the art of peaking has spread out among the corps with more and more attaining it.

But from the standpoint of consistently peaking on Saturday year after year, few have done it better than Cadets and BD.

IMO.

I still think the dark horses are Academy and BK.

Not sure how much that applies to the Cadets anymore. They've been doing a great job of peaking on Saturday in Allentown the past couple years.

Hopefully this year will be different

• Like 1

Not sure how much that applies to the Cadets anymore. They've been doing a great job of peaking on Saturday in Allentown the past couple years.

Hopefully this year will be different

um. Last year by Allentown they weren't "peaking"

If you take a long view - in 2011 they were in second at Allentown. The beat BD the next night for the first time all year and then swept finals week

people think Angels & Demons won all year - it did not lol

in 12 the show grew a lot in the final week

13-15 all peeked early, a relatively recent phenomenon for Cadets

And who do you think is vulnerable in top 3 to be overtaken? Cadets show will either explode or implode as Corpsband said a while back. Not sure SA is where a dark horse emerges..

Cadets show is a raw weird show that may take off once it's performed. Plaqued with numerous re writes which had held back brass, percussion from refining. If they finish up now with changes, still time to clean and start to see those strong brass and percussion numbers that keeps them competitive every season

Knew I should have copyrighted that expression!!