percussion judges in drill

sorry -- as usual you paid no attention because you clicked, saw and didn't listen. just like you failed to read a lot what was written here. because you "know things" already and fail to pay to attention to what is actually said. which is why i stopped posting in the thread.

(listen again to the first thing in the clip :-) ah.

i listened. i've seen and heard the clip 1000 times.

i've seen what was written here. i've read the "study" many times.

i'm more likely to believe anything that comes out of a politicians mouth, and i think they all suck

No, it was posted to take a cheap shot at drummers. "You are a drummer, not a real musician".

Both you and Jeff apparently missed it, but I was paying attention.

Corpsband apparently is a drummer bigot.

I've suspected as much since the beginning of the thread as it appears he believes that drummers don't deserve two judges, that they should not be credited for things that can't be seen from 15 or 20 yards away, and that they are narcissistic.

i got it. i ignored it like i have every time some blower tried to be cool by saying that.

i know - i get it.

but they're so much FUN to torque a little.

nah top bass is more fun

Come on guys, kiss and make up....

You two are usually partners in crime on many issues.

oh no worries i'll see him at Allentown next week and smack him upside the head like usual

The fact is that drummers have been getting the girls for decades and the rest of the band-aides gents have resented it for as long.

There's never been any real threat to us staying in the spotlight and showing how cool we are, but this whole fear-mongering "Think of the risks!" approach that WVU is using can easily get some traction in a society that is so afraid of its kiddies getting hurt. Besides being in the extra-cool kids group who get to bang on things (and gets all the girls, although the two are not always necessarily related), we drummers take seriously our responsibility to toughen up the little bas-turds who want to join our ranks.

If you take away our field-judge we won't have independent verification that we are the coolest section in the band. And the hands of those in our exclusive club will begin to atrophy from non-usage (again, not necessarily related to getting all the girls); the slippery slope will then proceed until we're no more respected than, say, tubas players.

There's a reason why, at November auditions, there are 10 drummers for every one brass blow hard trying to join the band. Everyone (except baritone players) wants to be in the cool group and I, for one, am not going to let anyone take away that Fonzi-like status by claiming Chicken Little-like that the sky is (still) about to fall and some poor brass player might bust a lip.

While the brass-holes are trying to take the judge out of the line, we percussion vets are teaching our plebe charges that there are extra GE points for nailing one. The best thing we ever did was convince the rest of the band that we actually yell at the judges to warn them that we're coming. Bwahahaha! That's always been a good one!

Makes us snicker, am I right Jeff?

and a few times, we saved kids from injury.

but they overlook that part. must the bell of their horn in their way. thats what the excuse usually is when they blow their dot and run into us

13891831_10209837321038576_9934412356077

Of course the lead trumpets would say something like "I can play that, no problem", but the horns would be the one's who actually play it.