"Oh yeah, I forgot about that show..."

21 years later I finally see a show I was in mentioned by someone other than alumni.

Freaking love Stormworks. Great job, man

• Like 1

21 years later I finally see a show I was in mentioned by someone other than alumni.

Crown really hasn't done anything I can honestly say I disliked. Not because they're my favorite, because they've only been my favorite since about 2007. Crown has just always been incredible in my book.

1998 Scouts..sandwiched between Pirates and JCSS part uno....but I'm partial, too

Some good ones here.

My most impactful spectator moment was 2003 and Carolina's Bellissimo. I didn't have any feelings towards them ten years prior but I remember being blasted in the face with a deep, rich sound that has become the norm for them ever since. The guard was really good that year and I feel that was the year their climb to what they are today really began.

I also would like to say I preferred 1995 BD to 1994's championship (so many good shows that year).

And I'd like to add 1990 Star's Belshazzar's Feast. We haven't seen that source music much since so it really stands out to me.

Finally, any corps in 1992 as that was my favorite year in DCI. From the Freelancers to the Cavaliers so many great shows that were great for that time.

• Like 1

To me one of the all time most entertaining shows of it's times was1979 North Star. If you've never seen it check it out if you can find it. That drumline was on fire and every single tune was entertaining. The screaming sop solo's of Jerry Noonan that year are the greatest I've ever heard.

Edited by SFZFAN

Looking through the thread, just about all of these have been said by someone else.

Phantom Regiment 2007 - On Air

While it might be blasphemous, I liked this show a lot better than their 2008 one.

Madison Scouts 2007 - Unbound

With all the turmoil they went through that season, I was hoping against hopes that they could make Finals. Top-notch music selection, incredible drill, and the last 2 mins rank up there with the best Madison closers.

Troopers 2011 - The Road Home

My favorite show during what might have been my favorite year of watching live drum corps. The Copland and Paulus pieces showed off a fantastic warm sound in the brass.

Also, with the modern Bluecoats doing so well, I encourage younger Bluecoats fans to check out 1988 and 1989. I always loved how they did a drum feature back in those days, especially when they would add guard members to the snare line. It was such a neat gag and always got the fans screaming.

87 and 88 were the expanded snare lines. All of those players came from within percussion. Not color guard.

88 had color guard on brass for the end of the show. Although how many were actually playing is up for debate.

89 ... none of that. But Funny Valentine is the best Jay Dawson arrangement of all time.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

I think I said it on another thread, but 2006 Bluecoats "Connexus" is one of my all time favorites! It felt like both a continuation in some ways of 2005's Caravan, but a nod to their own future sound. I thought the show was sublime.

I won't add 2007 PR here because it's been said a lot, and maybe not so forgotten after all!

2012 Blue Knights, "Avian". For much of the season, this show was a hot mess, but come Finals, they put something special on the field. They looked unique, took Firebird to outer space, and came up with a show that I listen to often.

One of my all time favorites, and still my favorite Crown show. You must have awesome memories of that summer - I particularly remember the utter silence from the crowd during the end of Watermark. Fantastic moment.

That tour shirt was the first Crown souvie I ever bought.

Well done. :music: