Who would win of the four 99.0+?

Depends on who the judges are.

Judge Judy is reportedly very tough on those that don't have a proper narration downpat when they come before her to be judged.

• Like 2

I would rank them as follows:

1. Cadets 2005

2. Cavaliers 2002

3. Blue Devils 2014

4. Blue Devils 2009

Blue Devils 2014. There's a reason that score was as high as it was.

Blue Devils 2014. There's a reason that score was as high as it was.

I find a 99.65 to be an impossibility. I know it's not saying they were 0.35 from being perfect, but when you have a maximum of 100 points, a 99.65 should be 0.35 from perfect. If a judge gives a 19.9 in a caption, that 19.9 should mean something, not just that they were 0.2 better than the corps they gave a 19.7 to, but that's neither hear nor there. I don't think 2014 BD was a better show, in design, demand or execution, than 2002 Cavaliers or 2005 Cadets.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 3

I find a 99.65 to be an impossibility. I know it's not saying they were 0.35 from being perfect, but when you have a maximum of 100 points, a 99.65 should be 0.35 from perfect. If a judge gives a 19.9 in a caption, that 19.9 should mean something, not just that they were 0.2 better than the corps they gave a 19.7 to, but that's neither hear nor there. I don't think 2014 BD was a better show, in design, demand or execution, than 2002 Cavaliers or 2005 Cadets.

We're going to agree to disagree. I've been lucky enough to see all 4 shows and no one executed like 2014. We can sit here and debate design and demand all day long as that is more subjective but execution is more cut and dry. That show though is still the only show I've seen where I was literally awestruck by their execution. But again, my opinion and we'll disagree on it

We're going to agree to disagree. I've been lucky enough to see all 4 shows and no one executed like 2014. We can sit here and debate design and demand all day long as that is more subjective but execution is more cut and dry. That show though is still the only show I've seen where I was literally awestruck by their execution. But again, my opinion and we'll disagree on it

Fair enough. I happen to think from a execution standpoint 2002 Cavies were about as perfect as perfect can be.

• Like 2

Well, technically, The Cadets in 2005 were the only drum corps to ever win every caption and every sub-caption. They had nothing but 1s across their score. Never been done before or since.

With that kind of strength, I'd go with them.

This.

Second place BD 2014, extremely impressive corps in every measure.

• Like 1