Who would win of the four 99.0+?

I do understand, however stronger corps under cadets would have actually pushed their score higher. Cadets were so dominant at finals it was sick.

You are then suggesting that 2 and 3 were stronger in 2005 than they were in 2014..?

It's like a package deal?😉

the show i like the best, of course

Well...

Yeah... of course.

Gotta go with the 2014 Blue Devils.

Been around drum corps for nearly 50 years now... and I have never seen anything at the level of the '14 Devils. Absolutely, astoundingly great.

• Like 1

You are then suggesting that 2 and 3 were stronger in 2005 than they were in 2014..?

It's like a package deal?😉

No. I'm saying the strong corps on 2014 pushed the BD score up. And the fact that they were phenomenal. Let's face it, this is an impossible question to prove an answer to. It comes down to an opinion.

• Like 1

It's hard to compare scores from 10-15 years ago. The rules have changed and impacted the scoring methodically. It's kind of like conjectoring how sports teams from different eras would fare against each other. As good as Tilt was, Bloo could only come within 1 point of BD at the closest margin of the year. For my money, I'd take the most recent corps mentioned. That 2014 BD was hailed as the best show at the time. But already, only 2 years later, we've got 3 corps that could compete very favorabllly against that '14 edition. But Feliniesque was pretty special.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

It's really all a moot point, everyone. 2009 and 2014 BD would be disqualified for marching too many members. With the penalty 2005 Cadets get for amplification, that leaves 2002 Cavaliers with the win.

This is according to the rules of drum corps as they should be, and everyone knows it. Don't try to deny it!

• Like 1

Of course, the TRUE winner is SCV 1989, because everyone else would be disqualified for non-G instruments. Though, of course, they would be disqualified in turn for using two pistons. The TRUE, INDISPUTABLE All-Time DCI Championship winner is therefore 1976 Blue Devils.

• Like 1

Well, technically, The Cadets in 2005 were the only drum corps to ever win every caption and every sub-caption. They had nothing but 1s across their score. Never been done before or since.

With that kind of strength, I'd go with them.

Wow, that's awesome! I honestly never knew that.

I think the strongest year in DCI would have to be 2008, that top 3 is my favorite top 3 of all time I think.

• Like 1