Who would win of the four 99.0+?

We're going to agree to disagree. I've been lucky enough to see all 4 shows and no one executed like 2014. We can sit here and debate design and demand all day long as that is more subjective but execution is more cut and dry. That show though is still the only show I've seen where I was literally awestruck by their execution. But again, my opinion and we'll disagree on it

I understand that every show has its flaws, but BD's 2014 finals performance saw visible early step-offs, and even a quad player falling over. I don't remember miscues that obvious from Frameworks.

• Like 2

I would give it to Cadets 2005. They won every caption, plain and simple

AND every subcaption.

I agree. I'm going with 2005 Cadets as well.

• Like 2

I would have to say Cavies 2002. This is personal opinion, and could very well be biased by my tastes, but I feel 2002 was a stronger and more competitive year than 2005 and certainly more than 2009. however, as I said it may be based on tastes. Cadets door in 2005 drove me crazy. While I loved BD's show in 2014, I saw it as one of their most entertaining shows but not their most innovative.

• Like 1

I understand that every show has its flaws, but BD's 2014 finals performance saw visible early step-offs, and even a quad player falling over. I don't remember miscues that obvious from Frameworks.

What point in the show did the tenor player fall? I remember it happening during their 2015 finals performance but not in 2014. Must have missed it. And didn't Cavies almost drop one of the guard members during the fight club sequence? Cavies guard was amazing but they didn't have the greatest finals run themselves.I remember thinking BD's guard beat them on finals night (not for the week) but on finals night BD's guard had the better run imo. Of course i would be shocked if anyone felt the same way lol.

• Like 1

What point in the show did the tenor player fall? I remember it happening during their 2015 finals performance but not in 2014.

They want that to be 2014 so badly.

Musically I will say 2014 BD but that Cavies show visualy is incredible and I think it should be the winner.

• Like 1

BD 2014 without question. The most perfectly executed show I've seen at finals in my 27 straight years of attendance. And no, I'm no where near a BD homer. :)

Harvey

I do not think Cavies 2002 could have played BD 2014. I do not think BD 2014 could have marched Cavies 2002. I think Cadets 2005 could probably do both and both could probably do their show, but all cases with 2005 would probably be sub-par execution.

Edited by noahsigs
  • Like 1

I find a 99.65 to be an impossibility. I know it's not saying they were 0.35 from being perfect, but when you have a maximum of 100 points, a 99.65 should be 0.35 from perfect. If a judge gives a 19.9 in a caption, that 19.9 should mean something, not just that they were 0.2 better than the corps they gave a 19.7 to, but that's neither hear nor there. I don't think 2014 BD was a better show, in design, demand or execution, than 2002 Cavaliers or 2005 Cadets.

Well, if a corps really is 0.2 better than another corps that got a 19.7, what else is the judge to do?

I understand that every show has its flaws, but BD's 2014 Finals performance saw visible early step-offs, and even a quad player falling over.

And one guard toss went wildly and very prominently astray.

On the other hand, maybe BD's 2014 show was more difficult than Cavs' 2002 show?

What judging system are we to utilize ? The judging system in place in 2002, or the one in place in 2014 ? ( while there are some similarities,) the DCI judging system in place in 2002 is not the same as the DCI judging system in place in 2014.

Yeah, BD '09 and '14 take penalties for synthesizers from the 2002 and 2005 judges, and Cadets '05 takes a penalty for amplification from the 2002 judges.