Music City Masterpiece - Nashville Show Thread

Ending was not very fulfilling. The easel props were odd too. No one seemed to understand their significance. But they really had a big full sound that filled the field. Their snare book is awesome and they were so loud it sounded mic'ed!

I love this show, but I agree. I don't understand the purpose of the easel props. They seem to serve no purpose.

He was an awesome caption head with Bluecoats. So happy to see him doing well as a writer/arranger with BK. I think his years with Tom Rarick served him well.

I get the impression that BK's design team and arranging style has really given him license to bring out his best. 'Coats have a groove, but Jackson's writing sounds much more intellectual than I hear coming from 'Coats.

He's a percussionist's writer, to my ear.

• Like 1

My stream has now stabilized enough to watch INT.

Seriously, I haven't seen a single show yet. #### pacific cable...

:(

Can you rewind to shows tHat have gone already? Maybe they're throttling bandwidth or something?

Oh the tarp is still in, Wes? Where was it tonight?

Weather has been keepin it off the field lately. As I was understanding, they've practiced the new ending even in the rain the past few days but not with the tarp. So, I'm guessing they kept it out tonight and we'll see it tomorrow in Atlanta for the indoor show. Didn't want to chance it.

Wes P

It got replaced by a black star with a V on it.

Well we have always called Vandy football the black hole of Sec football...

When I marched back in the '80s (and I realize that was a long time ago) one of the things that kept us going each night was getting a huge crowd response along with the challenge of what we are doing on the field. I understand the demand that BK has, but with no crowd response (or very little), these members really have to believe in what they are doing because the crowd just doesn't appear to.

I agree. In the Performing Arts, there is nothing particulartly noble, nor gratifying after working so dam hard to entertain, but the audience at the end is reduced to perfunctory, cordial, appreciative golf claps for the effort alone... by not for the show. its regrettable, as you WANT the crowd to really like the production, instead of it becoming a goose egg thats layed with most in the audience at the end. That said, BK and Cadets can be comforted with the fact that both their shows should score well with the judges, nonetheless, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

I get the impression that BK's design team and arranging style has really given him license to bring out his best. 'Coats have a groove, but Jackson's writing sounds much more intellectual than I hear coming from 'Coats.

He's a percussionist's writer, to my ear.

This. That's what I'm trying to capture by calling it subtle but technical.

Catching up. I haven't seen a stream since first shows.

Cadets sound great, drum line is tight. Visually I feel like I'm watching the Glassmen more then Holy Name.
Assuming Cadets are top 5, the guard is a few steps down. I like the production much more as the season has gone on.