Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

Troopers look just as dirty as they did a month ago.

A month ago they were in Muncie, so this is objectively, quantifiably untrue. No corps, anywhere, is as dirty as they were a month ago. Unless you want to suggest the members of the Troopers are incapable of improving.

There is obvious improvement. And there are obvious points that still need improvement in a visual package that is very exposed. There are a ton of rotating boxes/lines, and two points where the corps backs up into full fronts. Visually, there's a lot of risk to this show -- more than any other corps in its neighborhood, IMO.

And I also wonder if the lighter look to the uniform, while making the corps look bigger and giving it more "presence," also is a visual challenge to a corps that has marched nearly 60 years in navy/black unis. I don't know if Troopers plan to keep this look, but if so, it may take time to "bake in" the movement skills necessary to make it look as sharp as possible. Then again, Scouts have bounced between a dark and light look in recent years, and of course Cadets, so maybe the color is irrelevant to visual performance.

• Like 1

LOL that's hilarious. Grade A trash talk/shade.

Kind of an a-hole move to call out the members like that though

I don't think that's really Hop...

Good parody account, though. Read the posting history.

Oh he was talking about that? Yeah that's a parody account

I don't think that's really Hop...

Good parody account, though. Read the posting history.

No I mean the thread itself (with the Imgur link).

And it's really easy to single out one mistake when you're hiding behind a cute little Reddit username and be an expert. lol.

I'm sure we could find a frame in every show where someone is messing up that day. But alas, that would be a huge stupid waste of my time.

:)

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

And it's really easy to single out one mistake when you're hiding behind a cute little Reddit username and be an expert. lol.

I'm sure we could find a frame in every show where someone is messing up that day. But alas, that would be a huge stupid waste of my time.

:)

Oh yeah for sure. I'd bet if you took a random frame from BD's 2014 show, you'd still find some phasing.