Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

Could this be 2008 all over again? Back then BD up till Finals won all their shows except for Allentown when the Cavies beat them. Phantom Regiment was the fan favorite trailing back in 4th or 3rd all season until they came from 3rd in the Prelims aka Quarterfinals to win it all. Could SCV be that Corps this season? Kinda scary with the symmetry of Rennick/Shaw who were with PR now with SCV. Just thought I throw that out there.

I would be so happy.... But alas, tis but a dream.

I just spit out my coffee

I decided to delete that after pausing, but my paws were too slow on the keyboard apparently ( oh crapp... haha!)

Sorry I haven't read through 164 pages of this thread but OC got HOSED tonight.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 2

Sorry I haven't read through 164 pages of this thread but OC got hosed tonight.

I posted this earlier tonite on here... the DCI judges are definately split on what they think of the Oregon Crusaders show design this season, as their scores have been all over the lot this season. There is no way in the world that the performers execution of the show is this up and down from nite to nite. Thats impossible, imo. So its pretty much a Judges " thing " with the Oregon Crusaders show, and its design, this summer, no doubt about it.

winning atlanta means nothing

lol

sour-grapes.jpg

• Like 7

Sorry I haven't read through 164 pages of this thread but OC got HOSED tonight.

They had a great run in a not so perfect performance order.

The new ending makes sense (and the plates are so into it at the very end).

Guess all they can do is keep making the progress they have been and see what happens.

I had the in the 14-16 spot. But I am also biased. LOL

I posted this earlier tonite on here... the DCI judges are definately split on what they think of the Oregon Crusaders show design this season, as their scores have been all over the lot this season. There is no way in the world that the performers execution of the show is this up and down from nite to nite. Thats impossible, imo. So its pretty much a Judges " thing " with the Oregon Crusaders show, and its design, this summer, no doubt about it.

As good of explanation as any at this point. Design a feel good show and the judges will love you I guess.

Edited by luv4corps

Brasso wins the internet tonight.

Congratulations.

I'll have everyone here know that I worked my fingers to the bone to win it too.

Tomorrow I rest all by bones on here.. no posting from me ( I know, some will be gratified to learn ). I go drive a few hours tomorrow to drop the women off to a ladies shower, and then me an 2 other guys are gonna find a sports pub with a TV somewhere around there to see what kind of mischief we can get into for a few hours there before we head back. So nite all... its been fun yakking it up tonite about the Corps.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

They had a great run in a not so perfect performance order.

The new ending makes sense (and the plates are so into it at the very end).

Guess all they can do is keep making the progress they have been and see what happens.

I had the in the 14-16 spot. But I am also biased. LOL

I thought those kids were on fire tonight - and I heard and saw marked improvement in all captions. So they are rewarded with a 2.5 loss.

Performance order hasn't seemed to be that big of an issue this year so I can't blame it on that. Grrrrrr. What can I way - they got hosed. Judged events have a subjective aspect to them and when you're on the good side of that, great but if you're not, you're screwed.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1