Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

To be fair, this is the first year in a while that BD isn't doing a rotating block :smile: they don't get enough credit, pulling that off cleanly is HARD. I believe they did one a year or two ago which expanded and shrunk as it rotated. Insane

They did it for the Stravinsky show (and bombed it at finals) and last year the low brass do it in the opener (and almost get it). They... yeah... listen I'm just glad this year is all about curves. Expanding/contracting rotating blocks is hard enough but with BD's visual method I just don't think it works out.

Edited by saxfreq1128

They did it for the Stravinsky show (and bombed it at finals) and last year the low brass do it in the opener (and almost get it). They... yeah... listen I'm just glad this year is all about curves. Expanding/contracting rotating blocks is hard enough but with BD's visual method I just don't think it works out.

Expanding/contracting while rotating a geometric form has been a regular staple of Blue Devils drill for over 30 years.

I'm glad they're going for the curves this year too

The rotating whirlpool stuff at the end is pretty nice. It's not the expanding rotating solid form thing but it's pretty tricky looking drill.

Please tell me that's not real. If it is..............oh boy.

Are those posters 14? That's obviously not George Hopkins posting, and there are a bunch of asinine comments.

Are those posters 14? That's obviously not George Hopkins posting, and there are a bunch of asinine comments.

Reddit does have its dumbas*es

Reddit does have its dumbas*es

I usually have good luck with tech related information there, but what I read there regarding DCI stuff feels like Middle School.