Who will peak first?

Happens every year. Who's going to slow down in the score department as we move into the last 2 weeks?

At the risk of getting blasted, I think Crown will start slowing down first among the top 4.

• Like 5

Well BLOO is still dirty as hell so no way they are peaking anytime soon.

• Like 2

At the risk of getting blasted, I think Crown will start slowing down first among the top 4.

Agreed. I love the show but I think Crown is going to have to settle for the Bronze.

Looking at the last 5 scores for Coats, BD, Crown and SCV

Average Increase:

SCV 1.234

BD 1.028

Crown 1.026

Coats .93

I will say SCV is skewed because they have a longer total number of days between their 5 scores. I think we're already seeing the slow down which will edge BD closer to Coats. Don't know about Crown and SCV although I could conceivably see Crown gain ground on the .838 they lost by last night.

These score gains are pretty much directly proportionate with the corps' current ranked placement. The closer you get to 100, the slower you will gain points. Sort of how this system is designed. The fact that Bluecoats and BD continue to gain nearly a point a night, in the 90s, tells me they will probably finish 1-2 and within a point of each other.

That said, I think we have already seen Crown start to peak. Cadets will either start making big jumps or start to fall farther behind, and eventually behind Cavaliers. They have a huge advantage in music, but have already been overtaken in GE and visual, and historically those are the areas that push or pull on momentum at the end.

Looking at the last 5 scores for Coats, BD, Crown and SCV

Average Increase:

SCV 1.234

BD 1.028

Crown 1.026

Coats .93

I will say SCV is skewed because they have a longer total number of days between their 5 scores. I think we're already seeing the slow down which will edge BD closer to Coats. Don't know about Crown and SCV although I could conceivably see Crown gain ground on the .838 they lost by last night.

These score gains are pretty much directly proportionate with the corps' current ranked placement. The closer you get to 100, the slower you will gain points. Sort of how this system is designed. The fact that Bluecoats and BD continue to gain nearly a point a night, in the 90s, tells me they will probably finish 1-2 and within a point of each other.

That said, I think we have already seen Crown start to peak. Cadets will either start making big jumps or start to fall farther behind, and eventually behind Cavaliers. They have a huge advantage in music, but have already been overtaken in GE and visual, and historically those are the areas that push or pull on momentum at the end.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1