Hard Corps update?

Maybe you are right but I wonder if it really reaches the people some would like to think it does.

I've actually done a demographic analysis of the current Fuse audience. But, Garfield doesn't care. :-) So, I won't post the information.

It would be interested in hearing what people's assumptions are, though. You know, perception vs. reality.

(My profession is media research. I often advise networks on who their viewers are and what the target audience of new TV shows should be.)

Edited by barigirl78

It's interesting that we all agree the initial promotions were utterly unreflective of the actual drum corps involved and merely provided a snapshot of an ignorant advertiser's idea of what "band" was, but now we have an actual drum corps (Cavaliers) who let themselves be dressed up in similar togs in a commercial to make some $$$. At least they weren't asked to hold a concert tuba.

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1

It's interesting that we all agree the initial promotions were utterly unreflective of the actual drum corps involved and merely provided a snapshot of an ignorant advertiser's idea of what "band" was, but now we have an actual drum corps (Cavaliers) who let themselves be dressed up in similar togs in a commercial to make some $$$. At least they weren't asked to hold a concert tuba.

You just wait until one of the corps next year actually use concert tubas in their show.

I agree the ads aren't reflective of drum corps, but I don't think they had to be.

The drum corps audience is going to watch the show regardless of what that key art looks like.

Anyone who doesn't know drum corps isn't going to know the key art is inaccurate until they watch the show. By then, the key art won't matter any more. They'll either like the show for what it is or not.

It's the video promotions that will be far more important to tune-in because that is what most prospective viewers will be exposed to.

Edited by barigirl78

I've actually done a demographic analysis of the current Fuse audience. But, Garfield doesn't care. :-) So, I won't post the information.

It would be interested in hearing what people's assumptions are, though. You know, perception vs. reality.

(My profession is media research. I often advise networks on who their viewers are and what the target audience of new TV shows should be.)

Oh, come on. Don't be bitter. SPILL!

(Have I told you that I love baritone girls?)

:tounge2:

Oh wow, that's just funny. Between calling them "World Champions" (I suppose it's like calling ex-presidents "President ___), they look like Cadets shakos, and the image of their enthusiasm with their sausages, I can only hope that Cavies were well-paid in either dollars or promises of stocking their cook truck for next year.

Perhaps this is some better promotional material. (I like that it's heavy on the Cadets trumpet line, including a certain DCP poster that doesn't comment very often, but is probably reading!).

ya mean said poster is not out working 1 of the 7 after-school jobs to raise tour fees for next season. Slacker.

Well, third time's the charm, I guess.