DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Two perfect scores in I&E this year, one of which was the Pioneer vocalist.

• Like 1

I totally agree. Bloo was on target, love Crown also. I think the GE will be impacted as I think Legends was earlier in the day for the same issue. Live by die by, so true.

That sounds like it has the vibe of the1988 Madison Scouts, to me.

G E

Big-time. That phenomenon is worth all kinds of point value.

Need to do something about regulating the use of electronic amplification. Ears ringing after watching bluecoats who have amps all over the field.

Tough to say now what is real and what is recoded or fabricated by electronics

It will of course be louder and include even more wizardry next year and the year after that, unless we do something. Unless of course that is what the community wants ? In the end, will we really need any musicians, when we can simply manufacture the sound we want at any point of the show!

I tend to agree. It's getting out of hand.

• Like 2

School is my issue. Id totally march but my career aspirations don't allow for using up a whole summer to march

Big mistake IMO...You'll learn a LIFETIME OF EXPERIENCE in one season marching drumcorps than what it may take your career DECADES...I marched corps and still earned my MBA...it's NOT an impossible feat...Drumcorps has allowed me to persevere at different times in my life when things got real tough...there is ZERO substitution...I mean this in the strongest possible sense...

• Like 4

If I wasn't on the west coast I'd be asleep by now.

See the thing is that the writing is just as important as the performers. BD's book is made to feature the sops. Both Crown and Cadets have them blend in a lot more with everything else while BD emphasizes them

You also write to feature your strengths....

Bloo finished strong, but felt the wind was taken out of their sails in the front half of the program. Could easily see them 3rd tonight only to bounce back tomorrow. Both Crown and Devils brought it tonight.

Blue Devils foreshadowing, perhaps?

• Like 1

Frank dorrite was the inventer of bd space music at Los Medonos college 1978. It was just an experiment in dissonance. Then Jack Mehan took it and expanded on it.

• Like 1