Madison Scouts 2017

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

What are the thoughts of the alumni and fans on starting moveins much later than the groups they want to jump?

I don't have an issue with it. I'm confident in the staff and design, and based on what I've seen and heard this off season, both in recordings and live, it doesn't bother me. 

Starting a few days early doesn't guarantee that those groups will have an automatic advantage. 

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

What are the thoughts of the alumni and fans on starting moveins much later than the groups they want to jump?

3 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Starting a few days early doesn't guarantee that those groups will have an automatic advantage. 

As a fan, I'd guess they have  more HS mm, but with talented mm, staff, and a show judges like, should be no problem.  Something else to consider which has been discussed occasionally here.  Madison is scheduled for 27 and the BD 23 shows before finals week.  If two corps are equal, as can be, I like the chances for the corps with 23 shows to finish ahead.  Four less shows might actually become 7-10 extra days of rehearsals, more sleep, etc.  By the 20th or so of July, all corps know what the judges like and do not like, so extra days off helps add and fix their production.

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

As a fan, I'd guess they have  more HS mm, but with talented mm, staff, and a show judges like, should be no problem.  Something else to consider which has been discussed occasionally here.  Madison is scheduled for 27 and the BD 23 shows before finals week.  If two corps are equal, as can be, I like the chances for the corps with 23 shows to finish ahead.  Four less shows might actually become 7-10 extra days of rehearsals, more sleep, etc.  By the 20th or so of July, all corps know what the judges like and do not like, so extra days off helps add and fix their production.

The schedule was made before auditions, so I wouldn't assume it's due to age of membership. As for the other numbers, those can be interpreted in a lot of ways.

I'm simply saying that I don't think it sets back, or puts the Scouts at a disadvantage.

Not to mention that even though Spring Training officially starts this weekend, that doesn't mean that nothing has happened in the last week, as others have had official spring training. 

I totally agree, I don't see with the scouts starting a week later causing any issues as far as competitiveness.  Especially if you have a superior design.

Starting a week earlier might give you a bit of an early advantage in the performance captions but later on when the limits of shows are being reached and everyone starts to max out it won't really matter, I'm sure Madison will be perfectly fine.  

Edited by DrumManTx

Its never how or when you start.... its how you finish.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Its never how or when you start.... its how you finish.

Exactly, the people that make those decisions for Madison are smart people, they're not going to set the corps up for failure.

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Madison is taking a big gamble starting so late.   There are no indoor  practice facilities at Trafalgar so if there is bad weather for even a  few days they are at risk of not being ready for their first show.   Not being   ready will be a disaster for Madison.  Blue Stars, Crossmen and Boston will  crush them first week out.  Money was the reason for the late start. Trafalgar is super expensive and the Scouts need to delay arrive of their  leased  kitchen truck for as long as possible.