Madison Scouts 2017

Trust them that has been worked out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Either Flam Man and Hockey Dad or napping, or they both have keeled over from a heart attack.

Don't forget SFZFAN and BigBadMadMen.

• Like 3

I think SFZFAN is the tiniest bit more progressive than the other three. He's not a costume guy, but if it works for programming with the Scouts, he might begrudgingly go with it. BigBadMadMen would've hated it even if it was the 2016 with a white sash instead of red.

The internet just exploded...

• Like 1

I think it's awesome to see Madison taking a risk and going for it instead of rehashing, reliving, and re-doing in the hopes that the past will repeat itself. Well done Madison.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, monoemono said:

Yeah, but if all you're doing with a synth is playing patches, of course no one is going to say that's creative. A synth is like any other tool -- you can use it in wildly creative ways (as many have), or you can be lazy about it and just roll them out there with presets and lame samples.

I look at shows like SCV's Miss Saigon, where they did the sweet helicopter thing, and that was awesome, and would have obviously been way less effective if done by a synth. But the corps who are using synths and other electronics in the most creative and memorable ways aren't using them just for samples. They are finding ways to use those tools to create amazing effects that would not otherwise be possible without them. I've said it before on here, if you don't think the way that Bloo used electronics in Kinetic Noise was very creative, risky, and difficult, then you have never attempted to play acoustic instruments in combination with synths, electronic effects, looping, sampling, etc.

Electronic usage may be creative, but 95% of the time they are just used as a pedal for chords. I don't agree that sampling your brass section and replaying it back is an amazing thing. And if it's THAT difficult to play with them, then why do it at all? A corp might as well just tune with a synth instead of each other at this point.

Side note: I REALLY love Madison's uniforms! Those look sharp!

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I can tell there is gonna be some severe backlash for these but I.   Freaking.   Love.   Them.   

These look like a professionally made costume for some amazing post apocalyptic movie or tv show.  I love that genre and paired with this show theme and music I think these are a home run.  They look authentic and real and incredibly well made.   I IMMEDIATELY went to stuff like Mad Max, Fallout, etc. as soon as I saw them.   If they are rying to evoke a certain style or aesthetic they absolutely nailed it.    

I WANNA SEE THE SHOW NOW!!!

This may surprise everyone, but I actually agree with you. The costume is fantastic. I think it could easily be the best looking thing on the field this summer. I'm definitely not ok with this trend toward ditching uniforms because it is tied so closely with the identity of each corps, but that costume is a home run. They look like raiders from Fallout or even the Great Khans or Blackfoot tribe from Fallout New Vegas...or a mix of all 3.

latest?cb=20130717023814

*edit* p1ss poor image quality, but you get the idea.

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 6