Madison Scouts 2017

Just now, BigBadMadMan said:

This may surprise everyone, but I actually agree with you. The costume is fantastic. I think it could easily be the best looking thing on the field this summer. I'm definitely not ok with this trend toward ditching uniforms because it is tied so closely with the identity of each corps, but that costume is a home run. They look like raiders from Fallout or even the Great Khans or Blackfoot tribe from Fallout New Vegas...or a mix of all 3.

latest?cb=20130717023814

I thought New Vegas immediately.  

• Like 3

I didn't think I would say this based on what everyone has said about them.  At first glance on my phone, I thought oh Lord you have to be joking.  I rushed home, got on my desktop to see them full screen and...

I love them...I think they're absolutely beautiful and this is coming from a traditionalist who adored their old look.  Do I understand why people are upset?   Absolutely, because normally that is me as well.  Do I like it better than their traditional uniform?  Absolutely not, I already miss them.  BUT, this is the most attention to detail I have ever seen in the entire marching arts activity...ever.  Even if you hate them, you have to admit you've never seen anything so meticulous on the field before.  

As I was always taught growing up, "If you're going to make a huge change in something, you better do it right".  I applaud all involved with creating this uniform/costume.   

Edited by Mac13
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

This may surprise everyone, but I actually agree with you. The costume is fantastic. I think it could easily be the best looking thing on the field this summer.

200.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I thought New Vegas immediately.  

Yeah, the leather from the Great Khans and the American Indian aspects of the Tribals from the expansion (can't remember the name), as well.

With a uniform (costume) like this your show design better be pretty bad a##. Really like this. But let's see how the show meets the look. 

Edited by GREENBLUE

I'd also like to add as a sincere compliment that is probably the scariest uniform/costume I have ever seen.  If I looked out my window at night and saw a couple guys outside wearing those...I'd #### my pants and hide.  :tic::peek:

Which makes me think of another point...how will small children react to these?  I know young children who are afraid of Ronald McDonald or frankly anything at all with facepaint.  Imagine you're 3 or 4 years old and you see 160 people like this coming your way.  

• Like 3