2017 PREDICTIONS!

I am not complaining about your specific prediction...it is every bit as valid as everyone else's prediction...honestly your prediction IMO is being generous but sound...it was more of a cumulative effect that I was referring...not your specific post.

I understand, just wanted to point out my reasoning. I do hope that they make a jump, I've always enjoyed BAC.

Heck, last year I put Madison in 5th after the 8th place in 2015, which was probably considered bold, so I've made posts like that before as well, but 12/13 range to top 5, makes me question.

For the record, I wasn't trying to correct anyone, simply making comments based on my thoughts on the subject.

As for your Browns example, it simply doesn't work. They're too far out of the wild card race. Had you made the comment about 8 weeks ago, it would make sense with your point, but it is impossible for the Browns to make the playoffs.

Whereas it is in the realm of possibility for BAC to jump that high, it's highly unrealisitic, but in the scenarios that play out in DCI, it is not impossible, as it would be for the Browns to make the playoffs with a 0-12 record.

Obviously I was insinuating preseason predictions. For it is worthless to have a prediction this far into a season.

It's the nature of a prediction. If you get outside the realm of a believable prediction people jump to correct you.

If I go to an NFL forum and predict the Browns making the playoffs, many people will join in to tell me how that would never happen.

Obviously I was insinuating preseason predictions. For it is worthless to have a prediction this far into a season.

Well...no you didn't. Was I supposed to make an assumption that you meant pre-season? Based on your posts, I wasn't.

Well...no you didn't. Was I supposed to make an assumption that you meant pre-season? Based on your posts, I wasn't.

This entire thread is preseason predictions.

This entire thread is preseason predictions.

Uh huh, but not your comment about the Browns, at least the way you posted it. You can look above at what you wrote, if you forgot.

Ahhh screw it... I'll play. Based nothing more on staff changes, recent trends and gut feelings... For all I know, any corps could come out with an absolute stinker of a book and all bets are off, but just for fun...

1... Blue Devils (Should have won last year IMHO, by a wide margin at that)

2... Santa Clara (this corps is on the rise back to their glory days.. mark my words)

3... Cavaliers (same as Santa Clara)

4... Carolina Crown (will take brass, but the visual design, and guard staff departures will be tough to replace)

5... Bluecoats (I genuinely think they got a bit lucky last year... just my opinion)

6... Boston (This corps is only going one way and that is up)

7... Blue Knights

8... Phantom Regiment

9... Blue Stars (Yes, I really did put them here)

10.. The Cadets (And yes, I really did put THEM here... You simply do NOT lose Gino and McNutt.. and their entire staffs... without some net effect on the competitive placement... I don't think they will be visiting this half of the Top 12 for long, but this year is gonna sting a little)

11.. The Academy

12.. Troopers

• Like 1

Ahhh screw it... I'll play. Based nothing more on staff changes, recent trends and gut feelings... For all I know, any corps could come out with an absolute stinker of a book and all bets are off, but just for fun...

2... Santa Clara (this corps is on the rise back to their glory days.. mark my words)

4... Carolina Crown (will take brass, but the visual design, and guard staff departures will be tough to replace)

Like the top 4, anyway. As I watch the shows on BluRay, I keep feeling like Crown was noticeably sharper than Bluecoats. Still fascinated with the Bluecoats' show. But the better overall performance for me was Crown.

I am anyway happy to see someone dissenting about Bluecoats.

Back to predictions, I wouldn't mind predicting BD in 4th and the others move up a notch. But thanks for posting something interesting to think about.

5... Bluecoats (I genuinely think they got a bit lucky last year... just my opinion)

6... Boston (This corps is only going one way and that is up)

7... Blue Knights

8... Phantom Regiment

9... Blue Stars (Yes, I really did put them here)

10.. The Cadets (And yes, I really did put THEM here... You simply do NOT lose Gino and McNutt.. and their entire staffs... without some net effect on the competitive placement... I don't think they will be visiting this half of the Top 12 for long, but this year is gonna sting a little)

11.. The Academy

12.. Troopers

Methinks HRM the Mod has been locked in the Tower of London too long with its stale air and warm ale.

He and his team also predicted that they would win the contest in Yorktown in 1781. We all know how that turned out.

Methinks HRM the Mod has been locked in the Tower of London too long with its stale air and warm ale.

He and his team also predicted that they would win the contest in Yorktown in 1781. We all know how that turned out.

Nice try...

I'm an American! LOL And for the record, in the North of England the air is actually rather clear and crisp and the ale is served cold.

Edited by Cainan