2017 PREDICTIONS!

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Are you a " Boston fan " Cappybara ?... just asking, thats all. Without knowing, I would presume that you are, ( why wouldn't you be?) and give you the benefit of the doubt here on that. Since you apparently couldn't let it go from yesterday, and you wanted to bring up LAST YEAR's predictions for ME on this, well then fine, I guess. For the record then, my placement prediction for Boston on the 2016 placement prediction thread was " 10th ". Your prediction for Boston last season ( May19th ) was " 11th ". So for the record, my placement prediction for Boston and your prediction for Boston was almost identical out of the 20 some odd DCI World Class Divisioin Corps. 1 placement difference. Thats it. I.

When you state " Boston fans " Cappybara, the inference is that somehow " the fans " of any Corps ( Boston included here) are somehow a monolithic thinking group of people. They are not. To think so would be short sighted, imo. For just one example, the " Cadets " fans don't all have the same placement predictions for the Cadets. George Dixon, Eleran, Cadets93, Cadets 2000 are all quite apart in their predictions as well. So isn't every Corps " fan base ". Every one of them. So why then you have singled out just the " Boston fans " here for yourself, is a bit mysterfying. Especially when the record shows that your predictions and my predictions as " Boston fans " are pretty much identical.

Finally, I thought this was the 2017 placement predictions thread. Yesterday, I  was prepared to return this thread to just that.. but apparently Cappybara, you decided to bring up my last season's placement predictions on 1 Corps. Just " Boston ".  Neither one of us were more than 2 placement positions removed from the final result, and only 1 placement prediction separated the 2 of us in our pre seaaon prediction.

So.. now that we have the opportunity to establish the diversity of thought among all the Corps and their " fans " we now return to the 2017 placement prediction thread where an overemphasis and an overdiscussion on just 1 Corps can be set aside for a more broader discussion of ALL the World Class Division Corps and what we think their chances might be for this season.

???

im absolutely astounded by your ability to turn a small remark (which you've severely misunderstood and overthought) into a dissertation. And I say that mostly as a compliment.

I would try to explain the original innocent intent of my comment, but that would set you off for another 20 paragraphs of rambling, and I would prefer to spare the rest of my fellow DCPers from that. 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

???

im absolutely astounded by your ability to turn a small remark (which you've severely misunderstood and overthought) into a dissertation. 

I would try to explain the original intent of my comment, but that would set you off for another 20 paragraphs of rambling, and I would prefer to spare the rest of my fellow DCPers from that. 

lol.. I thank you for sparing us DCP'ers, Cappybara, its the right thing to do. i would have preferred we had moved on from this yesterday, ( and your not dragging me into this ) but better late than never.. now back to the 2017 placement predictions thread...

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

I know I'm really quite far apart in my predictions from most people, because I don't actually make any.  In fact, I'm not sure if I've ever predicted any corps' placement here on DCP.  

I know. Neither has Cadets93. My point is Brasso was just making things up.

Any given day I could "guess" Cadets in 6th-4th and maybe on a good day I think 5th-3rd. A lot of this is how you feel about the latest piece of information. But saying we're "varying" in our predictions when most haven't even made one is just fiction.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I know. Neither has Cadets93. My point is Brasso was just making things up.

Any given day I could "Guess" Cadets in 6th-4th and maybe on a good day I think 5th-3rd. 

Com'on George Dixon. You're better than this. You did predict Cadets from either 3rd to 6th. I merely pointed it out as an example of diversity of thought among Cadets, and ALL Corps. I did not " make things up " on here.  You know it. I know it.  Its no big deal to disagree perhaps on things, but its another thing to accuse a poster of " making things up ". I have never approached you that way in anything that you have posted on here.

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

Com'on George Dixon. You're better than this. You did predict Cadets from either 3rd to 6th. I merely pointed it out as an example of diversity of thought among Cadets, and ALL Corps. I did not " make things up " on here.  You know it. I know it. 

yes I gave a massive "range" and I didn't say above that I didn't

you were making up the OTHER predictions to supposedly prove a point that fans of a "certain" corps can be varying in their predictions. The OTHER predictions are the ones you pulled out of thin air

1 minute ago, Eleran said:

Yet people shouldn't infer more than I actually state.  And so far this year, I believe my most glowing "hype" has been:  "for now I remain quietly hopeful"

you've got a lot of nerve HYPING like that haha

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

yes I gave a massive "range" and I didn't say above that I didn't

you were making up the OTHER predictions to supposedly prove a point that fans of a "certain" corps can be varying in their predictions. The OTHER predictions are the ones you pulled out of thin air

In retrospect, it was perhaps poor wording to initially state placement predictions amongst all the other Cadets. However, as a follow up, I acknowledged to Eleran that he (nor I)  have made any " hype " nor even any placement predictions for 2017.. This should have satisfied the understanding AT THAT POINT that my central opinion being made ( that we can assume everyone agrees with ) is that no fan base has the same assessments of their favorite Corps or Corps chances to move up that season. Some are more optimistic for their chances than others. Others perhaps less so. THAT is my central point . Nobody on here is " making things up " today, George.  Its all cool. Its all good, imo.. 

Edited by BRASSO