2017 PREDICTIONS!

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

Was my post in the Boston thread or prediction thread? ...and I DO remember that post now...must have been drinking too much booze that night...lol..actually I don't drink...

I was only off by 6 placements...

1 out 4 for passing corps..

1 out of 3 for staying ahead....

Conclusion: horrible prediction

Boston 2016

10 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Posted June 5, 2016 

BRASSO

I personally don't see BAC slipping to 11th or 12 ( or out of Finals ) this season as others here have predicted, as BAC has not been out of the TOP 10 now in 17 years.

-----

Posted June 5, 2016

Liahona

My pre-season placement predictions for "The Impossible Dream"!?!:

Highest placement: 6th

Passing the following corps from 2015: Phantom Regiment, Madison Scouts, The Cavaliers, and Blue Knights

Staying ahead of: Crossmen, Blue Stars, and Troopers

Lmaooo 

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Like 1

Just now, PamahoNow said:

Boston 2016

OK..thanks...bottom line in any event it was a bad prediction on my part...especially when last off season I didn't have ANY personal knowledge of the show or performance levels other than what was told to me in confidence...I will not make that same mistake again...

9 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I never saw anything that clearly asked only him :)

Agreed...I should have just PM'd...anyway thanks again...

So I have held off making any "official" predictions (aka pure guesses based on very limited information and no live evidence)  So here goes on D-Day:

1. Blue Devils - because of their history & hearing the brass line on DCP the other day - wow

2. Bluecoats - they were quiet during the off season last year and busted out quite a show.  quiet again but a near miss this year

3. Santa Clara - they are pushing hard.  Michael Gaines helps make gains.( sorry for the pun)

4. Cavaliers - similar to SCV they are pushing hard as they are on their way back into medal contention

5. Carolina - changes and new attempts at new things just miss.

6. Cadets - many changes are hard to pull off but has potential to jump higher

7. Phantom - no idea really but the uni looked good.  They remain solid in this tier

8. Boston - Many, many changes (all good) propel them to here.  Setting up for next year?

9. Blue Knights - just a guess.  heard very little but this is moving on past the trilogy (I think?)

10. Blue Stars - no reason other than have hear things that have me thinking fair to good

11. Academy - hard to hold onto last years success.  It is "proof of concept" time so to speak.

12.  Madison - can't be kept out another year.  Could be pushing past academy though (or higher)

13:  Crossmen

14. Colts

15.  Troopers

16, Spirit

17. BDB

Being honest I have little reasoning for 13 - 17.  Also I am not good at predictions & was way off last year; this year will likely be no different.  Best wishes and thank you to all corps, their admin's., staff, supporters, fans, alumni, homers & volunteers and all the wonderfully argumentative community of DCP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

Was my post in the Boston thread or prediction thread? ...and I DO remember that post now...must have been drinking too much booze that night...lol..actually I don't drink...

I was only off by 6 placements...

1 out 4 for passing corps..

1 out of 3 for staying ahead....

Conclusion: horrible prediction

Liahona, I appreciate that you were able to take this evidence, accept it, and get everyone do drop the topic.

Too often on this board we get too many people arguing over nonsense.

I'll make a new prediction... with a rationale:

I think that the Bluecoats will contend for (if not win) the brass caption... regardless of where they place.  They have it in them to do it... they have been relevant in that area before... and I think that the writing (based on what we know of the source music and some fairly enthusiastic testimony from those who have heard) will give them the red meat that they need to win the caption.  This all depends on the abilities of other corps around them, of course... but if we are to make some relatively blind predictions here, then this will be one of mine.

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

There's no need to be obtuse, you know what I meant by "Boston fans" (you, Liahona, LabMaster, Ghost, craiga, etc). 

I noticed that none of you all were on that list that Liahona made of people's votes and thought it was interesting that was the case. That's it. So all the overly defensive stuff that followed in your post, I'm not really sure why it was needed at all.

Are you a " Boston fan " Cappybara ?... just asking, thats all. Without knowing, I would presume that you are, ( why wouldn't you be?) and give you the benefit of the doubt here on that. Since you apparently couldn't let it go from yesterday, and you wanted to bring up LAST YEAR's predictions for ME on this, well then fine, I guess. For the record then, my placement prediction for Boston on the 2016 placement prediction thread was " 10th ". Your prediction for Boston last season ( May19th ) was " 11th ". So for the record, my placement prediction for Boston and your prediction for Boston was almost identical out of the 20 some odd DCI World Class Divisioin Corps. 1 placement difference. Thats it. I.

When you state " Boston fans " Cappybara, the inference is that somehow " the fans " of any Corps ( Boston included here) are somehow a monolithic thinking group of people. They are not. To think so would be short sighted, imo. For just one example, the " Cadets " fans don't all have the same placement predictions for the Cadets. George Dixon, Eleran, Cadets93, Cadets 2000 are all quite apart in their predictions as well. So isn't every Corps " fan base ". Every one of them. So why then you have singled out just the " Boston fans " here for yourself, is a bit mysterfying. Especially when the record shows that your predictions and my predictions as " Boston fans " are pretty much identical.

Finally, I thought this was the 2017 placement predictions thread. Yesterday, I  was prepared to return this thread to just that.. but apparently Cappybara, you decided to bring up my last season's placement predictions on 1 Corps. Just " Boston ".  Neither one of us were more than 2 placement positions removed from the final result, and only 1 placement prediction separated the 2 of us in our pre seaaon prediction.

So.. now that we have the opportunity to establish the diversity of thought among all the Corps and their " fans " we now return to the 2017 placement prediction thread where an overemphasis and an overdiscussion on just 1 Corps can be set aside for a more broader discussion of ALL the World Class Division Corps and what we think their chances might be for this season.

Edited by BRASSO