Staff merri-go-round

It was only about 15 months ago that the Boston Crusaders/Inspire organization decided to "rebrand" BAC into "Building a Champion". While mocked by some people (including a couple folks here on DCP), this new focus has lead to a quiet building of the organization. The Great East Music store, Music Festivals, HypE Percussion for innercity kids, Hyde Park Brass, the new corps hall in Hyde Park, and an incredible focus on partnering with some of oldest Financial Service companies in Boston has brought us to where we are.

The mere idea of the Boston Crusaders being in a position to rent Lucas oil Stadium for a six hour rehearsal during Finals week would have been unthinkable just a few short years ago. Will any of this guarantee success in the short time? Of course not. But, I suspect that a 76 year old drum corps is probably looking at the long game.

• Like 6

It was only about 15 months ago that the Boston Crusaders/Inspire organization decided to "rebrand" BAC into "Building a Champion". While mocked by some people (including a couple folks here on DCP), this new focus has lead to a quiet building of the organization. The Great East Music store, Music Festivals, HypE Percussion for innercity kids, Hyde Park Brass, the new corps hall in Hyde Park, and an incredible focus on partnering with some of oldest Financial Service companies in Boston has brought us to where we are.

The mere idea of the Boston Crusaders being in a position to rent Lucas oil Stadium for a six hour rehearsal during Finals week would have been unthinkable just a few short years ago. Will any of this guarantee success in the short time? Of course not. But, I suspect that a 76 year old drum corps is probably looking at the long game.

. I congratulate them on building a sound financial base. That takes time and patience.
  • Like 2

. I don't own it, Mike! Feel free to award away!

Any nomination to give the internet award away must first be officially approved by the internet's founder and owner, Albert Gore.

• Like 1