Staff merri-go-round

You should be a politician, just as George Dixon said earlier, as you've got the knack to intentionally spin the good scenario forecasts for some Corps, but the bad scenario forecasts for another ( lol!). Magic of Orlando was a good Corps, whose staff left when New Jersey people suddenly took over there in mgt, ie, Campese, Russo, et al.. then they folded. its got nothing to do with any Corps Mgt and BOD of today, so not sure why you chose to bring up Magic of Orlando. The ridiculous negative swipe at Colin McNutt here was so noted here too. Colin McNutt is highly regarded on his own right throughout the percussive marching arts realm, your spin on him here above notwithstanding ( haha!).

I'm not sure where this politician nonsense is coming from. I'm not trying to 'spin' anything. Sounds more like you are pretty sensitive about your corps. I am no Boston hater. I have some good friends who work there. I'm just pointing out my thoughts on how other corps that Boston has taken staff from might still will be able to go on and survive next year. Boston fans should be ecstatic. Good for them. I hope you guys do great. But there are pros and cons to these moves as I'm sure even the most devout Boston fans have probably noted.

. Boston fans should be ecstatic. Good for them. I hope you guys do great. But there are pros and cons to these moves as I'm sure even the most devout Boston fans have probably noted.

Yes.. the Boston Crusaders Alums & fans are indeed ecstatic. And yes, nobody knows how these staff transfers( and marcher transfer) roster moves amongst all these Corps will turn out for all the Corps involved. We agree on this as well. Colin McNutt was a major instructional reason for the top drumlines produced at the Cadets while he was there at the Cadets. Perhaps you became a bit too overly sensitive when I challenged your assessment you made above that you believe that Colin McNutt was not, thats all.

Edited by BRASSO

Yup.. Boston Crusaders Alums & fans are indeed ecstatic. And yes, nobody knows how it will turn out for all the Corps involved. We agree on this as well. Colin McNutt was a major instuctional reason in the top drumlines at the Cadets while he was there at the Cadets. Perhaps you became a bit too sensiitive when I challenged your assessment above that you believe that he was not.

Sensitive...me??? Hahahaha. I'm an old man. I'm a realist. Colin is fine. But truth is truth and his lines have never finished better than third without Aungst around. That's just a fact. He will improve Boston in a big way...but that wasn't my point. My point was that Aungst is an upgrade for The Cadets. Especially since I read that his guy Jake is staying put.

It's great there are those looking forward to change and new additions, its great for those welcoming new or retaining old. I have found it's always better to just let things play out keep things on the reasonable side of doom or excitement. Usually in either or situations one ends up having to defend why something didn't happen.or did for that matter...lol

There isnt 1 year that goes by we dont see examples of both those situations..

Edited by GUARDLING

Sensitive...me??? Hahahaha. I'm an old man. I'm a realist. Colin is fine. But truth is truth and his lines have never finished better than third without Aungst around. That's just a fact. He will improve Boston in a big way...but that wasn't my point. My point was that Aungst is an upgrade for The Cadets. Especially since I read that his guy Jake is staying put.

I agree he is an upgrade for Cadets. But both are very strong. Like top tier strong. I think what's gotten us confused is that assertation, which I tend to agree with, aside your assertion that this is somehow overall a win for Crown

I agree he is an upgrade for Cadets. But both are very strong. Like top tier strong. I think what's gotten us confused is that assertation, which I tend to agree with, aside your assertion that this is somehow overall a win for Crown

Oh wow George. Where exactly did I say that this was a 'win' for Crown? I said they can upgrade their drill designer and program coordinator. Which is true. And they can't get any worse in percussion losing Aungst. And I supported your beloved Cadets in saying that Aungst will upgrade their percussion. I said I think Crown and Cadets will be fine. You guys are amazing at reading into things. Wow.

Colin is fine. But truth is truth and his lines have never finished better than third without Aungst around. That's just a fact.

No it isn't " a fact ", It is your " opinion " only on Colin McNutt. Colin McNutt doesn't need me to defend his stellar reputation in the instructional field of percussive instrumentation in the marching arts realm either. I see no need to feebly attempt to drag Colin down, in order to prop up Aungst either. Besides, it was the Cadets themselves that each season touted Colin's accomplishments with the Percussion line on their very website for all too see.... in effect that Colin McNutt was a MAJOR reason for the Cadets percussion line's excellence. So even GH and the Cadets themselves don't share your wholly minority opinion on the excellence and the major contribution that the Cadets had under the instructional tenure of Colin McNutt for his years at The Cadets. Likewise, If anybody can rebuild a 2017 Drumline under a Cadets new Design Team, Aungst can, imo. To that extent then, it is my opinion that Percussion at the Cadets won't be a question mark in the off season for the Cadets that perhaps other areas might be of more pressing concern.

Edited by BRASSO