Staff merri-go-round

No it isn't " a fact ", It is your " opinion " only on Colin McNutt. Colin McNutt doesn't need me to defend his stellar reputation in the instructional field of percussive instrumentation in the marching arts realm either. I see no need to feebly attempt to drag Colin down, in order to prop up Aungst either. Besides, it was the Cadets themselves that each season touted Colin's accomplishments with the Percussion line on their very website for all too see.. So even GH and the Cadets themselves don't share your wholly minority opinion on the excellence and the major contribution that the Cadets had under the instructional tenure years of Colin McNutt there with the Cadets.

Wow...man. I think I hit a nerve.

No it isn't " a fact ", It is your " opinion " only on Colin McNutt. Colin McNutt doesn't need me to defend his stellar reputation in the instructional field of percussive instrumentation in the marching arts realm either. I see no need to feebly attempt to drag Colin down, in order to prop up Aungst either. Besides, it was the Cadets themselves that each season touted Colin's accomplishments with the Percussion line on their very website for all too see.... that Colin was a MAJOR reason for the percussion line's excellence So even GH and the Cadets themselves don't share your wholly minority opinion on the excellence and the major contribution that the Cadets had under the instructional tenure years of Colin McNutt there with the Cadets.

Again...just to reiterate the point...Colin will upgrade the Boston program. And Aungst will upgrade The Cadets program. Do you disagree?

Oh wow George. Where exactly did I say that this was a 'win' for Crown? I said they can upgrade their drill designer and program coordinator. Which is true. And they can't get any worse in percussion losing Aungst. And I supported your beloved Cadets in saying that Aungst will upgrade their percussion. I said I think Crown and Cadets will be fine. You guys are amazing at reading into things. Wow.

I must really have misunderstood this:

I think for Crown they can upgrade to a better drill designer. Guard will be tough. They have been really good. Percussion can also be upgraded...they were still finishing 5th with Aungst.

Maybe you didn't mean it as an overall "win" - but saying drill and percussion can be upgraded / just the way it came across

If you are going to upgrade drums - by who? Drill - I happen to agree with you. The big loss might be guard - so critical in today's DCI. From what I hear they have some very good folks to place in that position - which if it works out is terrific...

I must really have misunderstood this:

Maybe you didn't mean it as an overall "win" - but saying drill and percussion can be upgraded / just the way it came across

If you are going to upgrade drums - by who? Drill - I happen to agree with you. The big loss might be guard - so critical in today's DCI. From what I hear they have some very good folks to place in that position - which if it works out is terrific...

Percussion will probably still be the same guys other than Tom. So the players will probably stay. And Tom wasn't doing much writing according to a video from this summer...it has been Hannum. And I've heard nothing about the pit staff leaving. The guard goes without saying. I used the words 'upgrade' and 'fine'. Not 'win'.

Wow...man. I think I hit a nerve.

No.. I'm really not that nervy on this. ' just sharing my assessment on CM and his contributions to the percussion excellence of the Cadets when he was there working their drumline, that s all ( haha!)

• Like 1

Not true...Tom Aungst was a consultant in 2013.

But isn't it typical for a consultant to not be around all that much? Maybe it was Colin who made whatever Aungst was consulting on, excel! Unless you're saying Aungst was closely monitoring Colin and helping him deliver the program. Teaching the teacher so to speak.

Again...just to reiterate the point...Colin will upgrade the Boston program. And Aungst will upgrade The Cadets program. Do you disagree?

Actually yes, a bit... I think I said above I have no idea what the results will be for all these Corps regarding the annual transfers of staff and marchers between all these corps. I agreed with you that Boston alums and fans are ecstatic with these staff additions, thats all I'm really prepared to say at the moment. But sure... there is the potential for both the Cadets and the Boston Crusaders to have upgrades in performance abilities for 2017 and beyond. Time will tell.

Edited by BRASSO

Having had the opportunity, especially in 2014, to observe, during rehearsals, the teaching substance delivered by McNutt and reinforced by Gall, I was highly impressed with what the kids were given from a musical perspective.....excellent communication skills, and didn't Colin write the battery book these past several years? The Cadets percussion has been a veritable beast for years on end.

Having had the opportunity, especially in 2014, to observe, during rehearsals, the teaching substance delivered by McNutt and reinforced by Gall, I was highly impressed with what the kids were given from a musical perspective.....excellent communication skills, and didn't Colin write the battery book these past several years? The Cadets percussion has been a veritable beast for years on end.

That other poster wants people to believe McNutt is a has-been...obviously he's not very credible at all...simple as that.

That other poster wants people to believe McNutt is a has-been...obviously he's not very credible at all...simple as that.

I didnt hear that BUT does it really matter. There are those here pretty much jealous of those with longevity in this activity. Seems to me those " Has- beens " are still driving the train..lol and will continue. I'm quite sure of that.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1