Staff merri-go-round

considering how Aungst left, I can't imagine it's anything else. in fact on an iceberg in the middle of the gulf of mexico.

Correct - part of Aungst being comfortable was the agreement that a program coordinator and better visual support would be added to the mix, I've heard this second hand now from too many trusted folks for it not to be part of that decision making process.

It's a good thing for Cadets. Creatively and also for the organization - YEA needs Hopkins fuller attention in so many ways

I also think the changes will help Crown grow even stronger. They have some terrific young talent that this creates opportunities for - both people on staff last year and a few folks who are on other staffs the past couple summers. Developing internal talent is KEY for Crown to become a long term dynasty - which I think they will!

Edited by George Dixon

Correct - part of Aungst being comfortable was the agreement that a program coordinator and better visual support would be added to the mix, I've heard this second hand now from too many trusted folks for it not to be part of that decision making process.

It's a good thing for Cadets. Creatively and also for the organization - YEA needs Hopkins fuller attention in so many ways

I also think the changes will help Crown grow even stronger. They have some terrific young talent that this creates opportunities for - both people on staff last year and a few folks who are on other staffs the past couple summers. Developing internal talent is KEY for Crown to become a long term dynasty - which I think they will!

sadly those good intentions rarely last.

as for YEA benefitting -- no. if anything his effect there has been more extreme than at the drum corps.

sadly those good intentions rarely last.

as for YEA benefitting -- no. if anything his effect there has been more extreme than at the drum corps.

Oh gosh in your eyes forever negative.

Hopefully it will work out

• Like 1

I sincerely hope that when Boston comes out with their show next year, and they start doing very well, that they will be treated with the respect they are due and not some snide remarks based on some of the stuff i've seen posted here.

• Like 6

I sincerely hope that when Boston comes out with their show next year, and they start doing very well, that they will be treated with the respect they are due and not some snide remarks based on some of the stuff i've seen posted here.

Boston has always been much loved. I would expect they will be very well received, hope so and also hope they add another powerhouse corps to the east!!

Yeah there's been a lot of snide remarks regarding how much money they've been spending that don't exactly seem well-wishing. It's almost like people think they're playing dirty or something.

I hope everything works out well for them

Yeah there's been a lot of snide remarks regarding how much money they've been spending that don't exactly seem well-wishing. It's almost like people think they're playing dirty or something.

I hope everything works out well for them

This is a bit of history repeating itself, as Star was well funded, and often jeered because people felt they "cheated" by not having a hard financial time of things.

I never get why people are like that. Let's just wish these organizations well and stop being "haters"!

This is a bit of history repeating itself, as Star was well funded, and often jeered because people felt they "cheated" by not having a hard financial time of things.

I never get why people are like that. Let's just wish these organizations well and stop being "haters"!

I really don't understand the comparison...it has taken Boston DECADES to be in this position...Star was well funded by a Billionaire from Day 1...They are just NOT the same...Haters are just going to hate I guess...It's a real shame IMO...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

I really don't understand the comparison...it has taken Boston DECADES to be in this position...Star was well funded by a Billionaire from Day 1...They are just NOT the same...Haters are just going to hate I guess...It's a real shame IMO...

The comparison can be synthesized down to this:

There are people hating on a corps because they are financially stable enough to hire some of the best staff around.

I was talking about the other comparison that you're making because I don't think that aspect is the same; I agree with you that they're different in that respect, but not the key criteria that I was comparing. :cool:

Edited by jjeffeory

The comparison is this can be synthesized down to this:

There are people hating on a corps because they are financially stable enough to hire some of the best staff around.

I was talking about the other comparison that you're making because I don't think that aspect is the same; I agree with you that they're different in that respect, but not the key criteria that I was comparing. :cool:

I kinda wish corps had to meet a certain level of financial stability before they're allowed to take the corps on the road.