2017 Boston Crusaders

On 1/16/2017 at 10:25 AM, LabMaster said:

The Crusaders had their HOF dinner celebration the other night and from what little I am hearing, the corps is in good shape.  Really good shape.  

I don't believe we will be hearing much from the org during the balance of the off season.  I understand they plan to be very quiet about the show and their progress as they approach the season. 

A little birdie was chirp, chirp, chirping today...' couldn't fully make out what he was trying to tell me ( hey, its bird talk here, so gimme a break ), but I thought he was trying to tell me that Boston will be going out with a very large ( 42-45) Guard section for 2017.

Now, if this info eventually turns out to be inaccurate, I will explain it away by reminding everyone  this info was for the birds.

Edited by BRASSO

59 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

A little birdie was chirp, chirp, chirping today...' couldn't fully make out what he was trying to tell me ( hey, its bird talk here, so gimme a break ), but I thought he was trying to tell me that Boston will be going out with a very large ( 42-45) Guard section for 2017.

Now, if this info eventually turns out to be inaccurate, I will explain it away by reminding everyone  this info was for the birds.

Darn... I was hoping this would be the year they'd bump back up to 80 brass.

42 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

So much hype for BAC this year...I hope its warranted.  

I havn't witnessed much" hype" for Boston this year. No more" hype" compared to what we're all seeing on the Cadets, Crown, SCV,  etc and several of the other Corps threads right now, anyway. I see hightened interest, hightened curiosity, as more descriptive than " hype " regarding the feelings with most BAC/ Drum Corps fans at this stage.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Darn... I was hoping this would be the year they'd bump back up to 80 brass.

I  can't tell the difference between 72, 76, or 80 brass though... not really. Some brass lines sound powerful and mature in playing at 68-70, others however, weaker and sub powerful at 80. I recall a Corps going out with 20 Tubas a few years back. ' Didn't finish in the top 10. The Corps that won it all that season had 10 Tubas. Corps select their sections, and numbers in each subsection,  based upon a lot of factors.. and what they believe will be their best chance of maximizing the theme, and getting the most points squeezed out of the judging system for their Corps that season. Cadets, for example, are going with a choir for 2017, so I have no idea the size of their brass line for this season, nor will the brass section size make much difference, either way, in the end anyway.

Edited by BRASSO

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Madison.

I love loud and powerful brass lines too ( and really enjoyed the Scouts show that season  ). But even going up the DCI placement food chain, you can even win Percussion or win Brass... and not even medal.

Edited by BRASSO

If anyone has a little to hype about it's the Boston Crusaders crowd IMO.  In terms of the new staff in the current era of DCI they have many top three finishes in each of the major captions, hands in 2 championship shows and countless other medalists and some of the more beloved shows in recent history.  

And they're playing it pretty cool.  Excited obviously, some hype, but for the most part they're not even coming close overdoing it.  

They've been doing this Building a Champion thing in the business, outreach, and organizational side for quite a few years now.  The corps is finally seeing the fruits of that labor with the team they've assembled and I'm sure over the next few years they'll be working towards that competitively.   

I'm excited.  I don't think it's bad for a little of that.   I understand being realistic and not getting ahead of yourself but I see more of that if this staff wouldn't really help them out in 2017 going into 2018.  I'd be pretty hugely shocked if they aren't at least a little better than last year.  

Those members last year pulled absolute magic out of that show in the final weeks of 2016. I had them written off in Atlanta I think and what they were able to pull out of that thing by finals week was nothing short of amazing.  It sure wasn't the show design.  If I'm honest they had the 13th or 14th place show but the MMs did Champion level growth and sold every ounce of that show.  The energy that show began and ended with from the members did it.  Give those kinds of members a show that's just a little better? 

We shall see.  Boston Crusaders are easily the most perplexing one to me going in.  

• Like 3