2017 Boston Crusaders

18 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

It amazing me when people attend brass camps, percussion camps, and state how much better a Corps will be. That might be the case too. Brass, Percussion could be substantially better than previous year's camps. But that analyses does not take into consideration what other Corps are putting together. Not too many people, aside from the Academy folks, saw Academy putting together a Corps that would top Madison, Boston last season. And without knowing the caliber of a Corps Visual and Guard ( so important in the scores and placements these days now), hearing the Brass line ( or choir line ), or Percussion line, at camp is essentially going to be meaningless, imo. Nobody knows how well brass / percussion performers will march the show either. And large placement jumps ( or slides ) in one season to the next are rather rare in DCI theses days. Rome wasn't built in a day. ( But it was built ).

Based on the content below,  this a new development!

On 1/21/2016 at 11:40 AM, BRASSO said:

Heard a nice, very short musical clip of " To Dream The Impossible Dream " from BAC recent audition camp in my mailbox this morning... things seem to be going rather well there in the offseason it would appear.

On 1/21/2016 at 3:21 PM, emc2 said:

Yes should be a great year

On 1/23/2016 at 2:32 PM, emc2 said:

So far what i have seen and heard BAC is outstanding.

On 1/23/2016 at 4:31 PM, Ghost said:

Have read these types of comments each year about many corps, but what the Crusaders have gone through in recent years, it's great to read about very good numbers, and the sense that the serious level has gone up. Can't find the information where it was mentioned that the corps is trying some new things this year that supposedly haven't been done before. That type of info has my curiosity level climbing. Hope it's in the visual area where the major points are.

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Your right up there with those who are unable to remain silent and have not made any claims.

I never made claims about remaining silent on DCP.  It's therefore impossible for me be a hypocrite about remaining silent!    But you keep right on swinging.  I was never much of a baseball fan but you're changing my mind.   

33 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Hypocrite. 

Its probably a good idea to just put Corpsband on ignore. He posts more on the Crusaders thread than on the Crown thread. Funny, he never had much interest at all in what was happening with the Boston Crusaders. He's posted more on the Boston Crusaders thread in the last 4 months however than he has in the previous 4 years. ( haha!). I think he's asked me to comment on someone else's posts ( emc2).  As if we are a monolithic group of DCP posters and I'm responsible for what other fans of a Corps post, and they are responsible for what I post ? ( lol!) . 

By the way, if I attend a camp, and post that I like what I hear, and predict good things for the Corps, does that mean I have made a prediction of a placement jump ? No.

27 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Based on the content below,  this a new development!

My placement prediction for the Boston Crusaders last season, in preseason.. and after camps ? 10th. Yup, right there on the 2016 placements thread. I predicted no change in placement for Boston for 2016 over 2015. Go look that up on the 2016 placement prediction thread if you are now so obsessed with my comments, and assessments, placement prediction for Boston ( or other Corps ) from a year ago.  For my part, I'm not much interested in what you think now, let alone last year at this time. ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its probably a good idea to just put Corpsband on ignore....I think he's asked me to comment on someone else's posts ( emc2).

And yet...comment you did :-)  I include a few other members of the bucket brigade just for context.  Just reinforces cold bucket of silence here on the witch BAC thread.

9 hours ago, craiga said:

I was criticized roundly by a few on dcp for saying they marched very well at move in...which, by the way, they did.  (due to Mr. Falcon....et al).  I was at the audition camp in Boston in November and I won't see them now until move in at their Vermont location in May.  My prediction for BAC for 2017?  They will make DCI finals for the 19th year in a row

And when I do seen them at move in, the most anyone will get out of me is what the menu was like at the food truck.  Period  :)

Craiga, I won't care at all about the food truck at camp.  I'll want your positive outlook on the corps; so much positivity and hyperhype it ticks Ghost off.  I'll hold you to it and slap you silly if you miss a single bit off on a review or prediction.  I hope you realize I am yanking your chain.  I love your posts and look forward to the menus.  And so you know, the kids are going to be MORE than alright being taught by this bunch.  There is a bit of a different feel to the approach this year. 

38 minutes ago, Ghost said:

That's last year stuff CB.  Too me, my comments show an interest in what's taking place during the off season.  No emc2 type posts or how big the corps placement will  increase.

Of course it's from last season.  I posted them just to contrast the comments here --in this thread -- to those from last year -- nothing about placements really.  Everyone in the past was more than willing to hype and speculate and predict.  And this year -- not so much :ninja: I just thought it was  really fun to contrast some regular poster's sudden change in attitude (ie  BAC is gonna surprise people this season vs "it's pointless to comment on camps".)     Really nothing evil about it -- I just think it's funny.  

Edited by corpsband