2017 Boston Crusaders

On 1/19/2017 at 8:15 AM, xandandl said:

No harm, no foul.

Has the new DCP computer system done away with the PM function? anyone I have tried  to contact since the switch comes up that their box is full.

On 1/19/2017 at 8:50 PM, JohnZ said:

messaging still works and I checked your account and everything looks fine, but I tested it and have seen some PM errors.  Sent a note to JohnD to investigate.

Just a head's up, I had tried sending a message to xandandl and it said that he couldn't receive messages.

29 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Just a head's up, I had tried sending a message to xandandl and it said that he couldn't receive messages.

Thanks for the info..

The mods have told me I've got 200 PMs still there. I say no way, unless you are using base fifty four.  The number of PMs I have sent all these times don't even count to fifty.

I think it's the Russian hackers. They are still mad that when I went to Poland I walked up to the (then) Russian border and never went over. They're still miffed that Cadets didn't play Russian Christmas music for 12.25 even though it's a favorite of Hopkins' alma mater (the Crossmen) and Santa Clara plays it (and Cadets have been know to resurrect "a few" SCV pieces over the years.  Maybe they'll  do a full SCV show to honor the anniversary.)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I think it's the Russian hackers. They are still mad that when I went to Poland I walked up to the (then) Russian border and never went over. They're still miffed that Cadets didn't play Russian Christmas music for 12.25 even though it's a favorite of Hopkins' alma mater (the Crossmen) and Santa Clara plays it (and Cadets have been know to resurrect "a few" SCV pieces over the years.  Maybe they'll  do a full SCV show to honor the anniversary.)

I was thinking it might be Relampago on La Noche de la Iguana searching for his Defiant Heart with his Modern Imagination. That's what I feel in My Spanish Heart quite often, As Time Goes By.

Edited by tesmusic
Spelling issue

10 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I've had a similar problem sometimes with other posters...I found that it worked fine as long as I messaged with a previous "old dialogue" but a new one seemed to not work at all...haven't experienced that lately...but it has happened in the past...

I find it interesting that here we all are almost the end of January...and NOT ONE top 12 corps has announced their show just yet...or at the very least even a show title...what is up with that?...What are we all waiting for?  Christmas 2017?...LOL

Get_Smart-Cone-of-silence.jpg

Edited by Liahona
improper use of there vs. their

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

I find it interesting that here we all are almost the end of January...and NOT ONE top 12 corps has announced there show just yet...or at the very least even a show title...what is up with that?...What are we all waiting for?  Christmas 2017?...LOL

Yep, its getting ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

I find it interesting that here we all are almost the end of January...and NOT ONE top 12 corps has announced there show just yet...or at the very least even a show title...what is up with that?...What are we all waiting for?  Christmas 2017?...LOL

I'd love more info at this point as well, but I think releasing too much too early has hurt the hype train. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

Yep, its getting ridiculous.

I agree, but after spending some time at Madison camp last weekend and having some great conversations with the staff/directors, I understand the reasoning, at least theirs.

7 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I agree, but after spending some time at Madison camp last weekend and having some great conversations with the staff/directors, I understand the reasoning, at least theirs.

In general....what is the reasoning? ...maybe not just them...but in general all the corps from your perspective?

The only thing I can see is a group does not want to box themselves in by a negative perception...I disagree and feel that it does not happen...I'm also not sure if HYPE can be considered to be proven to be a good or a bad thing actually either IMO...

Edited by Liahona

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

In general....what is the reasoning? ...maybe not just them...but in general all the corps from your perspective?

The only thing I can see is a group does not want to box themselves in by a negative perception...I disagree and feel that it does not happen...I'm also not sure if HYPE can be considered to be proven to be a good or a bad thing actually either IMO...

IMO, with putting info out early last year, there was a great deal of hype. Most of it positive, some negative. When the season got here, and the judging community started scoring the corps where they did, many of those same fans/alums that we hyped about the show early on were overly critical and you would have thought the world was ending.

Doing it this way takes out a lot of that scrutiny early on, and it also gives people something to be looking forward to and excited about.

Would I like knowing everything going on, sure, but I get it. Same reason I have tons of info that I saw/heard at camp last week, but out of respect, I won't share it publicly.

Look at Cadets last year for example, people were pumped about some of their early music choices, the second "Stoned" was announced as the title, people instantly starting thinking the show was going to be awful.

• Like 1