2017 Boston Crusaders

19 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Lots of talent for not too many Drum Corps. Boston had a large retention this year and will probably continue to do so. I think Mandarins, Bones, BK, and Stars will also fun to see how it all plays out...pun intended.

If Boston had a large retention this year, which is my understanding as well, they began the season with a corps that learned last season what it takes to make finals and knows how easy that can slip away. This season many of these same young people are marching with a corps that could place as high as 5th on Saturday, no lower than 7th barring some crazy penalty. Since the jump will most likely be so high, my thought is they will stay with the corps. Some may move for what they believe will be a sure thing, but Crown did not medal in 2014 and Bloo might not medal this year, so a sure thing is not always so sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy Denzer said:

I would argue that sleeping in a gym and bonding as a team would be more beneficial than splitting up the kids into hotel rooms for the last week of the season.

Kids have " bonded " in all these Corps by now. If they havn't " bonded " by Finals week to their Corps, they never will.. no matter if they sleep out under the stars in a field, in a gym, or in a hotel room, or wherever.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Aye..and you are a very generous man...I'm sure they appreciated your treats. Enjoy finals.

they are a great group

• Like 1

I would argue that sleeping in a gym and bonding as a team would be more beneficial than splitting up the kids into hotel rooms for the last week of the season.

Yes and no. Hotels all but guarantee good night and restful sleep. The corps need every ounce of energy for finals week. A person I attended finals with stayed in a hotel with a corps in 2012. He expected it to be like a frat house and expected to get no sleep. Exactly the opposite. You could hear a pin drop in the place, even after finals. The hotel seems to be part of the plan to hear the corps up for finals.

11 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Kids have " bonded " in all these Corps by now. If they havn't " bonded " by Finals week to their Corps, they never will.. no matter if they sleep out under the stars in a field, in a gym, or in a hotel room, or wherever.

Yes! Oh, the practice facilities...wow! Combined w/ quality comfort and sleep = a good final's week.

Avon HS used the exact same prop at BOA in 2014! Some of the same staff that teach Avon also are teaching BAC this year! 

Avon's prop was square and Boston's is round.  Avon's "fire" is not as tall.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Something added to the ending that brings it to a brand new wow.

;)

24 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Yes and no. Hotels all but guarantee good night and restful sleep. The corps need every ounce of energy for finals week.  

The BD have stayed in a motel for many years haven't they?

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

. Retention will be very high again for Bluecoats, BD and Crown. My guess SCV and Cavaliers as well 

2017 is just the beginning at Boston with this staff, marchers. Boston, on the whole, is a Corps that is chock full of age eligible young talent, and its talent pool after this spectacular season, and a well designed show will be fantastic this off season at its camps, imo.

Edited by BRASSO