2017 Boston Crusaders

Aren't there only so many elite, experienced marching members? Correct me if I am "wrong" about this.

Because if there are only so many marchers who are difference makers, you could see a gap widen below Boston come 2018. Retention will be very high again for Bluecoats, BD and Crown. My guess SCV and Cavaliers as well. 

18 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Interesting week ahead ;) Jeff

thats what rumors tell me

• Like 3

I know this is the BAC thread, but I am more than ready for Knight to contend for a medal. They certainly have the musical ability, and apparently a few elite alums have joined them as well. They need a strong willed visual director and a unified vision that goes beyond uniquely colored uniforms. With their musical scores, they could quickly become a medalist with the right visual and conceptual leadership.

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Aren't there only so many elite, experienced marching members? Correct me if I am "wrong" about this.

Because if there are only so many marchers who are difference makers, you could see a gap widen below Boston come 2018. Retention will be very high again for Bluecoats, BD and Crown. My guess SCV and Cavaliers as well. 

Lots of talent for not too many Drum Corps. Boston had a large retention this year and will probably continue to do so. I think Mandarins, Bones, BK, and Stars will also fun to see how it all plays out...pun intended.

Edited by CorpwithanS
Bette Davis eyes.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

thats what rumors tell me

Aye..and you are a very generous man...I'm sure they appreciated your treats. Enjoy finals.

Just now, CorpwithanS said:

Lots of talent for not too many Drum Corps. Boston had a large retention this year and will probably continue to do so. I think Mandarins, Bones, BK, and Stars will also Fun to see how it all plays out...pun intended.

To be fair, we've been saying this for years about Crossmen, Knights and Stars.

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I think it's more about Boston building experienced marching members with their top notch staff. The rapid improvement is definitely going to keep more people staying at Boston then before, especially with shows as fun and exciting as this one.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

may they all  thrive and succeed..and retain their talent.

47 minutes ago, Jeremy Denzer said:

I would argue that sleeping in a gym and bonding as a team would be more beneficial than splitting up the kids into hotel rooms for the last week of the season.

They have been bonding since Mid May.  So that means they have been together for about 85 days in a row so far, 24/7.  Not to mention several weekends as well between January and May. 

15 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

This may be true to an extent, when you say elite experienced MM's.  But many MM's with good direction and off season programs that provide a high level of techniques and skills, become elite.  Practice makes perfect.  LOL

• Like 1