2017 Boston Crusaders

52 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I heard this is similar to tennis...what's the difference?...

If I ever decide to play, it will not be doubles.   I watched four guys in their 40's standing on the first line beyond the net (you cannot go into the kitchen for the most part) hitting the ball back and forth for around 30+ seconds waiting for someone to hit it too high or into the net.  At least in singles you get to run some to get to shots off to your sides.

Edited by Ghost

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

If I ever decide to play, it will not be doubles.   I watched four guys in their 40's standing on the first line beyond the net (you cannot go into the kitchen for the most part) hitting the ball back and forth for around 30+ seconds waiting for someone to hit it too high or into the net.  At least in singles you get to run some to get to shots off to your sides.

okay...I would not do well with this...I used to play a lot of tennis and was playing varsity in HS...but never liked playing at the net...so I'd probably get killed...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

You have to play it dressed like this...

1255.jpg

really wanted to see this pic..LOL

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

:offtopic:

I heard this is similar to tennis...what's the difference?...

</off topic>

Think of Pickleball  as tennis, but on a smaller sized court, and with a harder ball, and a smaller, but much harder, paddle type hand racket . I fell in love with the game about 7 years ago. It is the fastest growing sport in the US at the moment. It is huge in Florida with physically fit, active Adults. I play in a foursome . Started in Beginner league ( depicted above ) then Intermediate league, now I'm up to the Skilled league competition level ( one level below, traveling team, Pro level ). I lost 35 pounds playing the intense, quick reflexes needed, sport in no time at all when I first took it up. I've introduced friends to the sport over the last few years, and to a one, they all love it, and now play it.

Edited by BRASSO

45 minutes ago, Liahona said:

okay...I would not do well with this...I used to play a lot of tennis and was playing varsity in HS...but never liked playing at the net...so I'd probably get killed...

I'd rather play racquetball.

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'd rather play racquetball.

To each his own.

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Half court basketball, softball, sailing, pickleball, dancing, swimming, are de jour,  No time for " napping ".

your versatility is amazing but only doing a roundball show on half the competitive area means you either are imitating BD or losing half your visual score; you're not covering the hardwood with a missing aqua blue tarp, are you?

Awfully quiet on this thread compared to earlier Boston discussion this month

.Perhaps they are busy still watching the Simpsons episode tonight with the special Boston feature 

The Simpsons' All-Boston Episode Updated With Super Bowl LI ...

nesn.com/.../all-boston-the-simpsons-episode-updated-with-super-bowl-li-easter-egg/rus 

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

So to summarize this week with the Boston Crusaders; and to alleviate any rumors regarding 2017 :

1) No, The Corps did not win The Powerball this Fall.

2) No. the Corps will not be doing a Pickleball theme.