2017 Boston Crusaders

There did a marketing survey for there uniform a few mo's ago should be great.  A lot of the others uni are out of date imo.

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I've really liked their "updated" look - maybe the DM version for the corps proper and update slightly? Flip the red off the field and onto the DM podium? 

Then the guard can add the color on the field itself. Just one option!

I've quite liked the DM version a lot...a little birdie has told me though that Boston may be moving away from their more traditional look...as far as how far away that little birdie flies away from tradition...I guess we will eventually find out...

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

I've quite liked the DM version a lot...a little birdie has told me though that Boston may be moving away from their more traditional look...as far as how far away that little birdie flies away from tradition...I guess we will eventually find out...

If this was to take place and the new look is a major change, the discussion might become a junior varsity version of the Cadets changes in recent years.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

If this was to take place and the new look is a major change, the discussion might become a junior varsity version of the Cadets changes in recent years.

Do you mean the actual outfit the BAC-pack will wear or are you referencing the thread "discussion" on DCP?

Edited by xandandl

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

, If this was to take place and the new look is a major change, the discussion might become a junior varsity version of the Cadets changes in recent years.

I doubt it. The Cadets abandoned their Corps colors, that Holy Namers will tell you had religious significance to their 80 year Corps. George Hopkins threw the traditional Corps colors overboard, and went to an all black.  The Corps won multiple Drum Corps championships in these colors.. both before DCI, and during the DCI years, including very recently. The all black colors change did not help the Cadets. If anything it hurt them, and the Corps in Black had their worst placement in 3 decades.

Boston, on the other hand, has not won a Championship in their Corps colors in over 40 years. The alums, volunteers, parents,, fans I talk too that financially support Boston will support the Boston Crusaders no matter the design, although most hope they retain some semblance of the Red & Black ( and I believe they will ). Many older alums of Drum corps still support their Corps, even though some do not go to the shows anymore, nor support the changes. If Boston moves up in placement from 13th-12th of last season, with an intriguing, creative show, the discussion on their " uniforms " quickly becomes a distant memory.... similar to all the changes that modern day DCI Corps undergo in order to remain relevant and competitive here in the 21st century.

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

It ain't the uni. It's the design team that matters in competitive outcome. 

Manatee May and Potsy Potter annually changed the outfits worn at Crown and now seem to be doing the same as they move to Floridah camps for Boston. (Yeah, giving my two friends new nicknames for their new venture. Besides Leon [which means lion] has to embrace that the lion at BAC is already named Waldo. Calling him Waldo would just get confusing.)

Edited by xandandl