2017 Boston Crusaders

Music from:

1) Coldplay

2) Two steps from hell.

3) What's going on James Wittkowski with David little.

4) Star treck deep space nine (s-4-7) sound track etc.

5) A lot of great music from the kennedy center honors

Stevie & Sting Fragile, Stairway to Heaven, Carlos Santana, James Taylor, Jose Feliciano etc.

6) Black Dyke band Immortal. I think they look at this a few years back.

7) I would like to see them bring back the big drums from 015. Like the different sound.

8) Yes.

Edited by emc2

I was looking back at the staff for the Crusaders this past season and realized there were 51 people listed on the instructional staff; not admin. or other volunteers. Just caption instruction/design/consulting. In 1983, when what we see now, started over, there were 51 members of the corps. My how things have grown.

• Like 2

Yes. Things have changed for the good. I think if back in 1976, 77 and 78 etc, if they got in. Things would of been different back then. Just saying. There are lot's of good people that come in and out threw out the season and it is good to see the younger people get involved as well.

I was looking back at the staff for the Crusaders this past season and realized there were 51 people listed on the instructional staff; not admin. or other volunteers. Just caption instruction/design/consulting. In 1983, when what we see now, started over, there were 51 members of the corps. My how things have grown.

Just look back at 1983...there were only 20 horns! ...the smallest world-class drum corps in history...

Just look back at 1983...there were only 20 horns! ...the smallest world-class drum corps in history...

Yes.

What was the horn line numbers for 87?

I think but will probably be corrected - that was one of the highest placements for a corps that size in the modern DCI time frame.

..... and also perhaps one the BEST 20 member brass lines in World Class Div. History too.

They went into battle, simply undermanned, got clobbered, as needed reinforcements never came . They lost the battle. But they held some of the the land still. Enough to survive to fight on another day.

And now the bugle call has gone out throughout the land,.... and the manpower of reinforcements are on their way.

Edited by BRASSO

In 1983, BAC actually had 19 brass. (Total of 49 members in the corps), And at DCI prelims, they placed in the top 12 on Visual Performance. (what was then called Marching Execution). The kids all fit on one bus and the staff (including yours truly) fit in one Ford passenger van pulling a UHaul trailer for equipment>

And by the way, this was the same year that the corps was attacked by a gang at their rehearsal site in Miami.

Boston won. On the field and off..

• Like 5

And by the way, this was the same year that the corps was attacked by a gang at their rehearsal site in Miami.

Miami Vice was never quite the same after that attack on BAC in '83 .( ..haha)

Edited by BRASSO

In 1983, BAC actually had 19 brass. (Total of 49 members in the corps), And at DCI prelims, they placed in the top 12 on Visual Performance. (what was then called Marching Execution). The kids all fit on one bus and the staff (including yours truly) fit in one Ford passenger van pulling a UHaul trailer for equipment>

A point of clarification: The corps was attacked during their warms ups prior to going into the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl was in a sketchy part of town. Old Town aka Little Havana. They were in uniform, in the street. It was an all out brawl involving the drum line, brass line and staff. Yes the staff too when they saw what was happening. When it was over, the corps got in formation and marched into the Orange Bowl and performed their show. within 10 minutes of the brawl. DCI was at first not pleased the Crusaders were in a fight, causing trouble. When they learned what really happened, they were utterly amazed. As was the audience when the corps performed. Local PD was smiling because the "band" fought back. It could have been really really bad.

A point of clarification: The corps was attacked during their warms ups prior to going into the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl was in a sketchy part of town. Old Town aka Little Havana. They were in uniform, in the street. It was an all out brawl involving the drum line, brass line and staff. Yes the staff too when they saw what was happening. When it was over, the corps got in formation and marched into the Orange Bowl and performed their show. within 10 minutes of the brawl. DCI was at first not pleased the Crusaders were in a fight, causing trouble. When they learned what really happened, they were utterly amazed. As was the audience when the corps performed. Local PD was smiling because the "band" fought back. It could have been really really bad.

So I guess this is where the rumor began that the corps was just a bunch of thugs?...I always wondered about that idiotic rumor BITD....something said several years later by an unmentioned top tier corps director at the time as well....so stupid if you ask me...my oh my have times changed with Boston since then...