2017 Boston Crusaders

21 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Old in years not necessarily design 

Oh I know what you meant.  I just meant they are feeling very new in look and current culture.  They are steeped in history and have managed to shed all the bad stuff that seemed to linger for far too many years.  They are current in all aspects of the organization and are very forward thinking.

• Like 1

Sometimes, the once young and fresh, comes back as the old fresh and new too.. lol

For example, in the far right here with the waldo shirt on is former Boston Crusaders marcher Colin McNutt. 

17498681_1266848353410491_1307579832606740974_n.jpg?oh=6b74889c612ea1fe2cd3b9651120a295&oe=59B6B8F4

• Like 1

4 hours ago, craiga said:

According to JohnZ (Administrator), Mr. Corpsband has been permanently banned from DCP. ( as posted in the Crown thread).

Woud a person banned be able to come back on DCP under a different call sign (obviously), e-mail, compter, etc.?

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Woud a person banned be able to come back on DCP under a different call sign (obviously), e-mail, compter, etc.?

Only as a Ghost.

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Probably, but they'd have to spoof their IP address (not that hard to do) to avoid being caught. Oh, and not post in the same style that they used to

32 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Probably, but they'd have to spoof their IP address (not that hard to do) to avoid being caught. Oh, and not post in the same style that they used to

Our IP addresses change over time depending on ISP and account type. I don't think that would be a problem to get around for long.

If Corpsband wants to come back, I'm sure he could do so rather easily.  Yea, and the posting style might be a little give away.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ghost said:

No. The DNA test would call him out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Nice to see the kinds words.  However, with the corps evolution in recent years they are not feeling "old" to me.  In fact, I would say they are creating new traditions and establishing themselves as a contender in the very near future.  Their future looks very bright.

What was going on recently with corpsband no one could quite figure out completely, although it seemed very much tied to the offseason staff moves Boston made.  His animosity that bubbled up all too often in commentary and memes, on the BAC page no less, culminating in BAC supporters, alumni and fans being called "jihadists".  That was the last straw, given what "jihadist" refers to today,  globally. It was a slap in the face to BAC followers. well that is my take on it.  For that behavior, I won't miss him.  Hope you enjoy what is shaping up to be a great year for BAC.

Calling anyone a jihadist is an insult to us all, whether a BAC homer or just a casual friend of drum corps, or "just" a human being.

Although I am not going to be able to see as many shows as usual, I am looking towards a very competitive and enjoyable season especially from the East  It's like life with one's brothers: you can squabble at home amongst yourselves, but let anyone outside the family pick on any one of them, then they meet the whole clan.

EAST, EAST, EAST

• Like 2