2017 Boston Crusaders

8 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

You hit on something that also struck me watching them in Everett before tour and more stuff added.  There was so much going on, I didn't know where to look.  You miss a ton when you watch the brass drill, then you miss what percussion is doing and the guard is exhausting.  It take a few views to catch most of this show.  And maybe that's why we dont realize the brass is playing a lot.  And moving a lot when they do.  

It's very apparent where to look throughout the show...the show flow guides you through that...as long as your high enough...a lot of simultaneous stuff going on though I agree...the brass plays for approximately 6 1/2 minutes of the show now...that is on par with most of last years top 12 if I recall...it is very well integrated...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Now Gino has them ripping.  They are &&&$)%#£ loud!  I would hazard to guess at rehearsal today, which I assume you watched,  they held back a bit.

Are they putting more emphasis in breathing exercises?

22 minutes ago, Liahona said:

It's very apparent where to look throughout the show...the show flow guides you through that...as long as your high enough...a lot of simultaneous stuff going on though I agree...the brass plays for approximately 6 1/2 minutes of the show now...that is on par with most of last years top 12 if I recall...it is very well integrated...

Maybe instead of there being an emphasis on how much brass is playing,  we should consider how much is brass and percussion and pit is playing aka entire music book.  The ensemble even as individual sections.

40 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Definitely noticed that today during rehearsal. Your eyes are so well directed to the major action at center stage that you don't always see the periphery. As one focus moves, the next is ready to take its place. 

I liked this show after watching it on YouTube, but am really loving it after what I saw today. 

After the usual layering and cleaning that will happen, this show will challenge for 5th (calling it now). It needs a bit more height and brass volume, but that will come. 

Thanks for the practice photos!

DEuM3ymUMAQu08o.jpg

DEuN1rXUMAAyIeR.jpg

DEuPPTOUwAA6RE0.jpg

DEuQrCxV0AAYPi3.jpg

• Like 5

Thank-you phd-student0-TTU for your input and the practice photos. Cheers!

• Like 1

Those who are seeing Boston's 2017 show now for the 1st time and have made the comment that there is" so much going on simultaneously with this show" are expressing exactly my thoughts when I first saw the show at the end of camp move ins in June, Since then Boston has added in more to the show, so I can just imagine the visual/ musical stimulai now. The show can be seen multiple times and assures viewers more treats. The show flows so well that the 11 or so minutes of the show seems to just fly by. 

• Like 8