2017 Boston Crusaders

On July 20th the State of Texas will be the spot.. Since they love the BAC they have a stadium named after the corps. 

The name of the field / stadium at the location the corps will stay at on the campus of UMHB is Crusaders Stadium. 

Edited by E3D

4 hours ago, E3D said:

"... UMHB is Crusaders Stadium. "

a great venue along with the major Texas love (and BBQ) from their families and friends. Hook 'em Saders. Safe travels.

Stadium_Aerial_2013-12-15-001.jpg?t=1498

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Liahona said:

I was going to wait to judge the music book in person myself (early aug)...my default in watching shows is music...but this guard is so good I have a hard time paying attention to anything else...I'm thinking to myself wow what is going to happen next...it is a GE feast to say the least in my opinion of course...

You hit on something that also struck me watching them in Everett before tour and more stuff added.  There was so much going on, I didn't know where to look.  You miss a ton when you watch the brass drill, then you miss what percussion is doing and the guard is exhausting.  It take a few views to catch most of this show.  And maybe that's why we dont realize the brass is playing a lot.  And moving a lot when they do.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tobias said:

Early season yes. Performance levels Trump demand. If Cavies can continue to clean and Cadets (who just finished their changes) can get performance levels up, who knows. It's all about timing. BAC may be peaking, Cavies I think they have growing  room and Cadets are no where near peaking. 

Peaking?  Not with this seasoned staff they're not,

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

Peaking?  Not with this seasoned staff they're not,

They rarely, if ever, "peak early". I like the trend.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

You hit on something that also struck me watching them in Everett before tour and more stuff added.  There was so much going on, I didn't know where to look.  You miss a ton when you watch the brass drill, then you miss what percussion is doing and the guard is exhausting.  It take a few views to catch most of this show.  And maybe that's why we dont realize the brass is playing a lot.  And moving a lot when they do.  

Definitely noticed that today during rehearsal. Your eyes are so well directed to the major action at center stage that you don't always see the periphery. As one focus moves, the next is ready to take its place. 

I liked this show after watching it on YouTube, but am really loving it after what I saw today. 

After the usual layering and cleaning that will happen, this show will challenge for 5th (calling it now). It needs a bit more height and brass volume, but that will come. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Definitely noticed that today during rehearsal. Your eyes are so well directed to the major action at center stage that you don't always see the periphery. As one focus moves, the next is ready to take its place. 

I liked this show after watching it on YouTube, but am really loving it after what I saw today. 

After the usual layering and cleaning that will happen, this show will challenge for 5th (calling it now). It needs a bit more height and brass volume, but that will come. 

I have heard the brass really let loose.  My big complaint )one of them truth be told) over the past few years is they seem to have been restrained.  Now Gino has them ripping.  They are &&&$)%#£ loud!  I would hazard to guess at rehearsal today, which I assume you watched,  they held back a bit.

• Like 3