Cadets 2017

So excited for the Cadets right now. Have not said that for several years. As a matter of fact, I feared last season would harm the corps for years to come...relieved that this is not the case. Hopefully this season will be the beginning of their climb back to the top!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

I do too, but we've waited 9 months, one more week isn't going to kill you

I don't know if I can make it!  :lle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I don't know if I can make it!  :lle:

I'm going to the Premiere at LOS and I really want my first viewing to be live, but IT IS KILLING ME. It's taking every bit of my will power to resist looking at video.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

I'm going to the Premiere at LOS and I really want my first viewing to be live, but IT IS KILLING ME. It's taking every bit of my will power to resist looking at video.

Cadets show is very very good. Best in several seasons as far as effect and construction and that's without any layering yet BUT they need to finish and then get some days of cleaning under their belt 

• Like 1

Just echoing others...

yes the show is good but I do expect a slower start at the onset and then some tweaks and a whole bunch of cleaning to get he momentum going 

some of the transitions, staging and the end (to be added) but a good framework is there

So give it time. Maybe three weeks to really start seeing where they stand imo 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

this early, i wouldn't tear myself up over it.

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Just echoing others...

yes the show is good but I do expect a slower start at the onset and then some tweaks and a whole bunch of cleaning to get he momentum going 

some of the transitions, staging and the end (to be added) but a good framework is there

So give it time. Maybe three weeks to really start seeing where they stand imo 

This is definitely a Cadets that starts sluggish but gains momentum in mid to late July. Very tough show. Some of those brass runs seem to last for 5 minutes but I think we finally have a vehicle that increases in velocity towards the end of the season not comes slamming to a halt in the July. 

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Cadets show is very very good. Best in several seasons as far as effect and construction and that's without any layering yet BUT they need to finish and then get some days of cleaning under their belt 

That's one of the reasons I want to wait a week and see it live; finished, a bit cleaner and in uniform. I want maximum impact.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lance said:

this early, i wouldn't tear myself up over it.

Good to hear. Although after waiting 9+ months, it's tough to ignore. (One more week, one more week...)

I respected the challenge Cadets faced last season and how they were able to solve so many issues. By the end of the season, Cadets had one of my 3 favorite shows, the other 2 being Santa Clara and Blue Stars.

I can understand Cadets getting off to another slow start, with all the staff changes. I suspect Cadets even had to dig in to Cadets2 for some help. With all of that, I'm confident they will keep building toward a similar final result this year. This time, however, it could be more of a climb for execution, rather than design. Agree, it's FAR too early to have firm expectations of any corps' finish.