Cadets 2017

So? He wants to see it done. Future tense. Modern treatment. Why every time does someone have to point out that SCV played it in 87 or whatever. As if to say .... Gotcha!

No need to get your panties in a bunch. I was just providing some information about the music the poster mentioned. And I never said it should not be played because so and so already played it.

Enjoy your evening. :)

I've also heard they have a show picked out for 2017. It's a sequel to "Awakening" and it's titled "Crumbling."

I really wish people would remember that there are kids involved who had no idea and I'm sure are struggling right now. That was cruel.. So many people who take joy in things that involve more than just the people in charge - very sad....

• Like 5

Here's the thing. I'm 17. I'm the core of the "bando" demographic. I'm not like them, but I know and listen to them. They (nearly) all dislike, or even hate, the Cadets. They dislike, not even respectfully, Hop, his corps, his shows, and just the Cadets organization. I think we need a show that brings those fans in, without alienating their core values of excellence and tradition. The Cadets need that since, we are the core recruiting demo.

Just some thoughts

1992 Boston Crusaders

Pictures at an Exhibition - Promenade (from Pictures at an Exhibition) * Hut of Baba-Yaga (from Pictures at an Exhibition) * Tuileries (From Pictures at an Exhibition) * Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks (From Pictures at an Exhibition) * The Old Castle (From Pictures at an Exhibition) * Market Place at Limoges (from Pictures at an Exhibition) * Great Gate of Kiev (from Pictures at an Exhibition)

Man... can they bring that back?

Here's the thing. I'm 17. I'm the core of the "bando" demographic. I'm not like them, but I know and listen to them. They (nearly) all dislike, or even hate, the Cadets. They dislike, not even respectfully, Hop, his corps, his shows, and just the Cadets organization. I think we need a show that brings those fans in, without alienating their core values of excellence and tradition. The Cadets need that since, we are the core recruiting demo.

Just some thoughts

Relevant question: is there a particular reason why they dislike/hate The Cadets/Hop? I ask as someone who never minded The Cadets when I was in the bando demographic, but my 17-year-old season was The Pursuit of Happiness, which didn't come through D/FW that year (and things were way less connected back then, in terms of what you saw).

Just some thoughts

I am not sure what you mean by 'they.' In your band? On Internet or DCI Facebook forums? Although I am not ignoring the issues with Cadets, I am interested in who your sources are.

I am not sure what you mean by 'they.' In your band? On Internet or DCI Facebook forums? Although I am not ignoring the issues with Cadets, I am interested in who your sources are.

By they I mean, my band, my friends in other bands (across the country), friends I've met at shows, rehearsals, @ WGI. Also, on the internet obviously, Twitter, Reddit. But mostly friends/members of other bands i've met and talked to.

Relevant question: is there a particular reason why they dislike/hate The Cadets/Hop? I ask as someone who never minded The Cadets when I was in the bando demographic, but my 17-year-old season was The Pursuit of Happiness, which didn't come through D/FW that year (and things were way less connected back then, in terms of what you saw).

I'm 20 years old and I have a similar experience as Zach with people I know around my age. They simply don't like the Cadets. I've touched on this many times before but they come off as stale to a lot of the younger fans.

Everything from their militaristic and serious demeanor (many of them complain about them simply walking out of retreat without congratulating others), to the arrangements of their music, the awful and cheesy narration, and confusing show concepts (this is their words, not mine). Though I've never really heard them say anything about Hop.

In a way, I share some of their views, but not nearly to their extreme and definitely not to the point that I dislike the Cadets as an organization.

Our generation seems to emphasize very progressive ideals, and I can see how the Cadets can at time come off as the opposite of that. In my opinion, if the Cadets want to become more appealing to people like my friends and Zach's friends, they need to rebrand, atleast in terms of their productions. There's a reason why you see young Bluecoats and Crown fans being the vocal majority on social media. They like that those corps are presenting something that seems fresh, new, and exciting.

Of course, that is not to say that ALL kids of the younger generation have those views. That's clearly not the case. But from my experiences both in real life and online, it seems that the popularity of the Cadets is not as high as it used to be.

• Like 1

I just think they aren't behind the Cadets traditional approach. They see flashy shows like Crown and Bluecoats recently, and it's "in" Also, many are turned off by the very high fees, so they never consider marching there at all, let alone giving them a chance.

I know, having never marching and still being in high school, will discredit, to a point, what I say. I am simply observing. Honestly, I'm the biggest "Cadets" fan i know my age. I don't really know anyone who truly likes them (besides a friend who's marched this past season).

• Like 3

I just think they aren't behind the Cadets traditional approach. They see flashy shows like Crown and Bluecoats recently, and it's "in" Also, many are turned off by the very high fees, so they never consider marching there at all, let alone giving them a chance.

I know, having never marching and still being in high school, will discredit, to a point, what I say. I am simply observing. Honestly, I'm the biggest "Cadets" fan i know my age. I don't really know anyone who truly likes them (besides a friend who's marched this past season).

I hope no one discredits you, you're simply providing anecdotal evidence and making it clear that it is simply your experience. My experiences closely match yours.

• Like 2