Cadets 2017

12 hours ago, Shewhois said:

Were the vocalists in yet or are they still settling in?

I LOVED the vocalists!  (Hope that doesn't give anything away).    But really great sound with everything else I heard and saw going on at the same time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Now if this gets pushed into the marching band idiom by adding whole woodwind groupings (which I doubt would happen any time soon), then there might be an argument to make.  Additionally, there is only so much space on the field to work with and still be able to have moments of focused, compact drill and staging... in the midst of increasingly big set pieces.

You forgot the new 32 member chorus everyone will want ... and the supernumeraries operating the wire equipment for flying movements - and the people operating the frickin' lasers ... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cowtown said:

Seriously, many corps have 3 semis? Like how many, which ones? It’s madness, all this crying poor and then another semi to carry ‘accessories’.  Just kills any want to donate funds to pay for gas for prop semis. It feels like wasteful mismanagement, excesses and an attack on smaller corps not to mention a burden of show sponsors.

Whats the price tag to rent an extra semi for the season, including gas,  driver an insurance?

What are you gonna complain about next? How many meals they eat a day? How many water breaks they take? How many flag changes the guards have? 

2 hours ago, blakman7 said:

Thanks for filling me in.

I can't believe you didn't know about this. 

Alright.  I want to officially upgrade my most glowing comment to-date from "for now I remain quietly hopeful", to ...

I heard the first 6 minutes of the show from last night's ensemble WITH the vocalists, and while some people may not want vocalists at all in their drum corps, I will say that this might very well be the most musically pleasing and cohesive use of singers I've heard to date in a DCI show. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

What are you gonna complain about next? How many meals they eat a day? How many water breaks they take? How many flag changes the guards have? 

Since you asked

I’m appalled the years the Cadets* have to buy a second set of guard uni’s because they blew the design decision the first time around, same with when they built that stage last years and bailed.  Trying to buy GE or buy your way out of a mistake while begging or funds irks me.

*any corps really but more so the Cadets because yes, The-Sky-is-Failing-Drum-Corps-Must-Buy-a-Third-Semi-to-lug-Props-and-amps-around-and-add-extra-members-to-survive…think-of-the-children-I’m-miliking-out-of-bucks-in-a –shameless-musicman-money-grab-you-Cadets-will-call-Cowtown-20-times-a-season-toshake-him-down-while-I-destroy-the-competition-down-to-7-corps-so-I-canprofit-greater-we-need-40-trobones-in-this-years-show-for-3-second-so-we-can-sell-them-makes-me-puke-lying-Hopkins

TL/DR, irked /Hopkins is the devil of drum corps

5 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Since you asked

I’m appalled ...  when they built that stage last years and bailed. 

Last year's stage was merely recycled boxes from the Power of Ten show with a tarp over them.  Wasted man-power, perhaps, but I don't think much money was involved.

Edited by Eleran

4 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Last year's stage was merely recycled boxes from the Power of Ten show with a tarp over them.  Wasted man-power, perhaps, but I don't think much money was involved.

Which I'd bet $$ was the stage from 2014.   Which became the boxes.  Which became a stage again.  They do recycle this stuff a lot.  

19 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Alright.  I want to officially upgrade my most glowing comment to-date from "for now I remain quietly hopeful", to ...

I heard the first 6 minutes of the show from last night's ensemble WITH the vocalists, and while some people may not want vocalists at all in their drum corps, I will say that this might very well be the most musically pleasing and cohesive use of singers I've heard to date in a DCI show. 

I heard the same. In fact, "magical" was how she described it. This show when performed well can do well.

15 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Since you asked

I’m appalled the years the Cadets* have to buy a second set of guard uni’s because they blew the design decision the first time around, same with when they built that stage last years and bailed.  Trying to buy GE or buy your way out of a mistake while begging or funds irks me.

*any corps really but more so the Cadets because yes, The-Sky-is-Failing-Drum-Corps-Must-Buy-a-Third-Semi-to-lug-Props-and-amps-around-and-add-extra-members-to-survive…think-of-the-children-I’m-miliking-out-of-bucks-in-a –shameless-musicman-money-grab-you-Cadets-will-call-Cowtown-20-times-a-season-toshake-him-down-while-I-destroy-the-competition-down-to-7-corps-so-I-canprofit-greater-we-need-40-trobones-in-this-years-show-for-3-second-so-we-can-sell-them-makes-me-puke-lying-Hopkins

TL/DR, irked /Hopkins is the devil of drum corps

Yet you still come onto Cadets threads and read the comments, watch the videos etc. etc. If it bothers you so much, why bother talking about it? I know why, because deep down you like drama. You like to see the changes. We all have a lot of things to accept in drum corps. I had to accept Cadets getting 6th place last year, losing some of the greatest staff members I've ever known. We move on and watch more drum corps. You should do the same instead of being negative ALL the time. 

• Like 3