Cadets 2017

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I went to Ada tonight, an hour and a half away from home. In ensemble, Cadets were working on new material from where they left off in Part 2. It looked and sounded like what you would expect from a just learned section just put on the field. It was rough and clearly there is guard work to be added so I really can't give a real critique at this time. Unfortunately for me, Cadets didn't run through the first six minutes so I didn't get a chance to see the more polished section of the show already learned. Hopefully I can get back later to get a more informed read.

Thanks for the effort and for your report. I acknowledge that you did a two hour drive each way.

Just goes to show you should go to MASS more often, ha, ha.

But truth be told, you've now seen more (and different) than the homers and donors have seen so you are one up on us!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I went to Ada tonight, an hour and a half away from home. In ensemble, Cadets were working on new material from where they left off in Part 2. It looked and sounded like what you would expect from a just learned section just put on the field. It was rough and clearly there is guard work to be added so I really can't give a real critique at this time. Unfortunately for me, Cadets didn't run through the first six minutes so I didn't get a chance to see the more polished section of the show already learned. Hopefully I can get back later to get a more informed read.

that sucks you missed a real ensemble - they ran it last night and tonight they have a couple hours in the field house I believe

hope you get back there to check it out for us!

Just now, George Dixon said:

that sucks you missed a real ensemble - they ran it last night and tonight they have a couple hours in the field house I believe

hope you get back there to check it out for us!

I did have a conversation with Hop:

Hop: Hi

JL: Hi, how you doin'?

Hop: Perfect.

JL: Perfect?

end conversation

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Did you get to hear their choir?

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

I did have a conversation with Hop:

Hop: Hi

JL: Hi, how you doin'?

JL: Perfect?

end conversation

well there ya go! well worth the drive :(

Just now, oldbandguy said:

Did you get to hear their choir?

Not really, I saw them, and could see they were singing, but I think the mikes / amps weren't on them. 

9 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Not really, I saw them, and could see they were singing, but I think the mikes / amps weren't on them. 

So many on DCP are lauding Cadets for re-cycling that now they've taken this energy saving not wasting electricity very seriously.:whistle:

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

So many on DCP are lauding Cadets for re-cycling that now they've taken this energy saving not wasting electricity very seriously.:whistle:

Nice one!

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

it's just a very fresh and emotional sound - but still very much "drum corps" - so appropriate for the MASS material

I listened to another top corps ballad which has some voice and the difference is organic vs. "shut up"

Yeah how about we just leave the cheap shots in the gutter where they belong? Plenty of time to make positive changes to each. 

• Like 1