Cadets 2017

I believe it was much later than that, around 2010ish...

Uh huh...

Well Gino and Colin gave us a 6th place brass and percussion line this year so if look at it that way....

...uh huh....

This is so obviously "caption bleed", that it was not funny.

You know most of the time the full captions don't stray too far from the corps overall placement... The only exception to this that I can think of is Phantom 2010, where the percussion won despite the corps placement.

I fully think that Cadets' percussion and brass were a lot better than the score indicated at finals;

That's hardly Gino and Colin's issue. It was the show design and the visual design that brought down the music captions.

Same thing happens to other corps, which I find it silly to believe that in today's DCI, one can't seem to have a really great guard score if the full corps places several places lower.

I do get what you're saying though.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I think Tom Aungst's best days are way behind, he took the Crown gig to prove he could hang with the elite groups still. That wasn't proved last year! Only time will tell though.

He didn't write much for Crown either though..I believe very little...so I wouldn't give up on him quite yet. I think he's going to be great for the Cadets.

• Like 2

...uh huh....

This is so obviously "caption bleed", that it was not funny.

You know most of the time the full captions don't stray too far from the corps overall placement... The only exception to this that I can think of is Phantom 2010, where the percussion won despite the corps placement.

I fully think that Cadets' percussion and brass were a lot better than the score indicated at finals;

That's hardly Gino and Colin's issue. It was the show design and the visual design that brought down the music captions.

Same thing happens to other corps, which I find it silly to believe that in today's DCI, one can't seem to have a really great guard score if the full corps places several places lower.

I do get what you're saying though.

were you in Indy? There were issues - all 3 nights - sadly

@ HNCadet: I loved your post, and it's that sort of passion about the Cadets that needs to get out publicly. I believe young people are deeply patriotic though they do show it differently that we do. Were your sentiments repeated often I'm absolutely sure it would benefit the corps immensely.

I don't know about everyone else, but I was darned impressed with the staff announcements today.

• Like 1

I was particularly tickled with the percussion announcements.

Love seeing Salas going to the Cadets, especially considering that my show idea for the Cadets (if you remember from early on in the thread) was somewhat inspired by SCV's most recent show. I think he'll bring an aesthetic quality to the Cadets we haven't seen in several years.

On the flip side, I hope SCV will design and perform a great show for their 50th even without Salas.