Cadets 2017

the 3 C's shows. good stuff. for the record i predicted that cavies would be fine that year.

but i didn't predict that crown would never solve the ridiculous environmental challenges they wrote into the show. staging was a bit enthusiastic that year. thing is they mostly pulled it off. but mostly falls well short at the end. still probably my favorite crown pre-show.

Yep. I loved that show. It was powerful, majestic and a terrific follow up to 2009. 2010 was the first year I thought Crown would win soon and also the year I started to not live or die by scores and placements.

Yep. I loved that show. It was powerful, majestic and a terrific follow up to 2009. 2010 was the first year I thought Crown would win soon and also the year I started to not live or die by scores and placements.

Agreed! Funny, I had already forgotten that Crown was 4th in 2010. Seems like they were higher than that. That was a great year. At the time, a big discussion was whether Bloo or Crown would be the first new champion.

Placements truly don't matter when looking back on things. I tend to forget that Cadets were 3rd in 2013 and 4th in 2015. Musically, those were awesome. And I still listen to their "horrible" Les Mis show from 1989. Who cares that it was 5th - I loved it!!

Can't wait to see the next round of staff announcements.

Agreed! Funny, I had already forgotten that Crown was 4th in 2010. Seems like they were higher than that. That was a great year. At the time, a big discussion was whether Bloo or Crown would be the first new champion.

Placements truly don't matter when looking back on things. I tend to forget that Cadets were 3rd in 2013 and 4th in 2015. Musically, those were awesome. And I still listen to their "horrible" Les Mis show from 1989. Who cares that it was 5th - I loved it!!

Can't wait to see the next round of staff announcements.

Your right. Most of us follow the season not seeing live shows or maybe 1-2 and only have vids and forums like this so scores are really the only indication of how a corps is doing. Funny this season everyone dumped on Cadets then when people saw them live at a a show, it was more "wow brass and percussion pretty great".

For those hoping to come to November audition camps, there are some great airline fares available now. After September first, bookings for November and December air prices tend to go up due to colleges breaking early for Thanksgiving trips home, Grandma coming in to see the Grandkids, and snowbirds migrating in hopes of better climes.

The earlier one secures one's reservations usually the better the fees in the air, on the commercial buses like Greyhound, Bolt, and Megabus; and on the tracks.

For those hoping to come to November audition camps, there are some great airline fares available now.

But have Cadets formally announced the location of the November camp? I hope it will be at Hopewell Valley HS, Pennington, NJ as usual.

But have Cadets formally announced the location of the November camp? I hope it will be at Hopewell Valley HS, Pennington, NJ as usual.

phone the office to be sure. They will at least be able to designate the preferred airport.

Office Address: 601 W. Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA 18101

Phone: 610-821-0345

Fax: 610-821-1451

For those hoping to come to November audition camps, there are some great airline fares available now. After September first, bookings for November and December air prices tend to go up due to colleges breaking early for Thanksgiving trips home, Grandma coming in to see the Grandkids, and snowbirds migrating in hopes of better climes.

The earlier one secures one's reservations usually the better the fees in the air, on the commercial buses like Greyhound, Bolt, and Megabus; and on the tracks.

You mean to audition, or is there an actual full camp concert that weekend? It just occurred to me I'll be in that neck of the woods the week of Thanksgiving....

staff additions announced tomorrow!!

should get brass caption head, drill & visual additional folks named :)

who's excited?

Remember what excitement last year got us?

• Like 1