Cadets 2017

7 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

The guard staff has finally gelled into what many of us were expecting it to be. Took a while, but theyre doing a great job

They are and the musicality of the work this year reminds me of great guards from the Cadets past.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

I havent been able to find any videos of run throughs. Someone help me. I hated the theater broadcast so have been looking for a better perspective

Check pm 

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

They are and the musicality of the work this year reminds me of great guards from the Cadets past.

Send me a pm 

19 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Watched final run from last night's ensemble and noticed a couple small tweaks that I consider improvements.

Where would one get to see these run thrus???

52 minutes ago, wallace said:

It wouldn't be wise for BD or Bluecoats to ignore the Vanguard. They might not see them in the rear view for long.

I've always had the opinion (maybe this just something Crown ingrained in me) that everyone should just ignore everyone else. There is nothing you can do to affect some other corps, you can only control your own show. Everyone in the activity has the ultimate goal of perfection. The staff is trying to get the show design as good as they can make it and get the performers to always make their performances better than the one before. The performers are trying to get that always allusive perfect show.

I think some people use that competitive aspect though to push them. I personally just competed against myself every performance. If I had a better show than the night before I was happy for a second until I realized what I had screwed up then I was determined to fix it all.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

I respect that you had the guts to order that crow. Not a popular dish around here...

To early to be serving crow or eating it....but I did like the comment made.

13 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Just leaving Stanford and thought I would log on here and have a couple bites of crow. Honestly, wasn't too impressed tonight at Stanford, except for Santa Clara. Furthermore, I feel the only corps here tonight that had a better visual design than the Cadets was Santa Clara. Still further, favorite musical program thus far (only haven't seen Madison) is Cadets. I guess I may not be impressed with much of today's visual designs as a whole. I think it's going to be Bluecoats, BD, and SCV (they are remarkable) for the title this year, and 4th is up for grabs. See Cadets 7th at lowest. BK and Regiment I do not believe will beat them. Chop Chop, this crow is good.

Now  everyone is finally getting a look at who are considered the front runners: Bluecoats, Blue Devils, SCV, Crown, Cavaliers, Cadets.  I have to agree with your comment of visual design belonging to SCV and Cadets.  But I also don't see Cadets finishing no worse than 5th; in fact I believe Cadets have a good shot at medaling.  There's a certain buzz in the air about Cadets and Bluecoats.  Bluecoats are certainly looking like defending champions and Cadets have put together a program that requires that they clean it and not constantly change it.  That will keep them in the game.  Here is where I'll eat some crow.....I believe Cadets will overtake Crown and Cavies as they clean their show and it will be well before the Texas run.

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Now  everyone is finally getting a look at who are considered the front runners: Bluecoats, Blue Devils, SCV, Crown, Cavaliers, Cadets.  I have to agree with your comment of visual design belonging to SCV and Cadets.  But I also don't see Cadets finishing no worse than 5th; in fact I believe Cadets have a good shot at medaling.  There's a certain buzz in the air about Cadets and Bluecoats.  Bluecoats are certainly looking like defending champions and Cadets have put together a program that requires that they clean it and not constantly change it.  That will keep them in the game.  Here is where I'll eat some crow.....I believe Cadets will overtake Crown and Cavies as they clean their show and it will be well before the Texas run.

Fan of the Arts

No argument here. I just don't like anyone's drill these days, I guess. LOL. It's been over a week since I've see anything Cadets videos so I am looking forward to seeing them again.

1 minute ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Fan of the Arts

I agree. Their show has more cohesiveness and performance potential than everyone except BD and Bluecoats, with SCV very close. I'm not 100% sure if they'll beat both Cavies and Crown, but I'm almost sure they'll pass at least one of them.

59 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

Where would one get to see these run thrus???

Unfortunately, they are in-house videos from the visual staff to the members.  I sneak a peak, but can't re-publish them.

• Like 1